Hyatt Assistant Manager - Human Resources in MUMBAI, India
• Assists the Director of Human Resources in the smooth and efficient running of the Human Resources Division, ensuring that all the policies and procedures outlined in the Departmental Operations Manual are strictly adhered to.
• Assists in the preparation and update of the Human Resources Departmental Operations Manual.
• Ensures that all employee records are kept up to date (including all employee leaves).
• Assists in ensuring that the hotel is adhering to all Company/Hotel Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
• Assists in ensuring that government-stipulated employee legislation is strictly followed and implemented.
• Manages the hotel's employee welfare programmes, ensuring that the benefits supplied are relevant and competitive in the local market place.
• Assists in making sure that the necessary Human Resources forms are forwarded to the Divisional/Regional Human Resources Specialists promptly.
• Responsible for the security and upkeep of personnel files including foreign national employee files, where applicable.
• Attends Departmental Communication Meetings as scheduled.
• Supports the hotel’s focus on service excellence by recruiting people with the competencies and profile to provide exceptional service to the hotel’s external customers (guests).
• Provides the appropriate level of professional, courteous and caring service to other employees (internal customers) and other visitors to the division; maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
• Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- * Financial
• Assists in the preparation and updates of the Annual Human Resources Budget.
• Assists to maintain efficient staffing levels and payroll systems, helping Division/Department Heads to maximise productivity and minimise unnecessary payroll costs.
• Be conversant with productivity ratios (and other key performance indicators) and to produce the monthly turnover report, employee sick leave report, vacation reports.
• Assists in researching competitive compensation/benefits/incentive packages.
• Assists in the management of the Department's operational budget so that all costs are controlled and expenditures are properly approved.
• Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
• Assists the Director of Human Resources with the compilation and implementation of all employee communications.
• Ensures that all in-house rules and regulations are communicated to employees and implemented.
• Monitors and prepares the Human Resources Calendar.
• Assists in ensuring that Employee Facilities, such as Employee Restaurant, Employee Residences, etc., are maintained to Hyatt International's high standards of operation.
• Conducts interviews and coordinates recruitment activities in liaison with the respective Heads of Department.
• Coordinates all visas and immigration activities when necessary and monitor the passports and immigration papers of foreign national employees.
• Assists in the administration of internal transfers.
• Assists in the administration of employee Performance Development Discussions and succession planning.
• Assists in the administration of employee benefits and salaries.
• Assists with apartment accommodation for foreign nationals employees.
• Assists with Annual Salary and Benefits Survey, Business Plans, Manning Guide.
• Assists the Security Manager in locker and first aid box inspections.
• Participates in the Employee Committee Meetings, e.g. Employee Restaurant, Employee Residences, etc.
• Counsels employees in career prospects, personal issues, job related issues, grievance, discipline, etc.
• Communicates with labour offices and labour law specialists; has a thorough understanding of the local labour law.
• Responsible for all leave administration.
• Assists the Training Manager with Orientation training on job related issues.
• Ensure that brand standards have been implemented
• Respond to the results of the Brand Standard Audit and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
• Works in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments in line with our purpose.
• Support the hotels target for NPS and customer service.
• Ensure that the defined ISO standards are followed while on duty
• Ensures that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company/hotel policies and procedures.
• Assists to oversee the hotel's recruitment and selection process, providing Division and Department Heads with effective and efficient recruitment solutions.
• Supports the development of supervisory and management personnel in the hotel, through the implementation of an effective succession plan.
• Ensures a strong professional relationship with all levels of employees within the hotel, taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
• Supports the implementation of The People Brand in every department in the hotel.
• Assists to conduct Exit Interviews for resigned employees and provides feedback to the Director of Human Resources.
• Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Human Resources employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
• Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
• Assists in the feedback on the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented
• Support the implementation of our purpose, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s values, Hyatt regency guiding principle and leadership profile.
• Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
• Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
• Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt.
• Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
• Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
• Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
• Responds to changes in the Human Resources function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Ideally with a university degree or diploma in HRM/HRD or Hospitality/Tourism management. * Minimum 2 years work experience as Human Resources Assistant Manager or Officer in larger operation. * Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: MUM000778
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.