Hyatt Assistant Manager - Outlet in MUMBAI, India
• Assists to ensure that the Food and Beverage activities in the outlet are aligned with the respective Corporate Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
• Assists to prepare and update the Departmental Operations Manuals.
• Conducts regular departmental communications briefing and meetings in the absence of the Outlet Manager.
• Assists to ensure that all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
• Assists to ensure that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
• Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
• Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
• Establishes a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationships.
• Personally and frequently verifies that guests in the Outlet are receiving the best possible service.
• Spends time in the Outlet (during peak periods) to ensure that the Outlet is managed well by the respective employees and functions to the fullest expectations.
- * Financial
• Assists to maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
• Assists to improve productivity levels and prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
• Assists to ensure that the outlet is operated in line with maximising profit while delivering on the brand promise.
• Assists to achieve the monthly and annual personal target and the outlet’s revenue.
• Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information
• Assists in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets.
• Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.
- * Marketing
• Assists to prepare a yearly marketing plan which is the basis of the Food and Beverage Annual Marketing Plan.
• Advises the Outlet Manager of any Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
• Assists to ensure that brand standards have been implemented.
• Responds to the results of the Brand Standard Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
• Works closely with other Outlet Managers in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
• Assists to ensure that Food and Beverage employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in line with our purpose.
• Assists to monitor service and food and beverage standards in the Outlet to take corrective actions where necessary.
• Frequently verifies that only fresh products are used in food and beverage preparation.
• Assists the Outlet Manager with creative suggestions and ideas.
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and upsell alternatives.
• Ensures that the outlet is kept clean and organised, both at the front as well as the back of house.
• Liaises and organises with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
• Support the hotels target for NPS and customer service.
• Ensure that the defined ISO standards are followed while on duty.
• Ensures the punctuality and appearance of all Food and Beverage employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
• Assist to maximise the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
• Assists to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and to support them in their professional development goals.
• Assists in the development of Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and monthly meetings.
• Assists to plan and implement effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
• Assists to prepare and post the weekly work schedules.
• Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
• Supports the implementation of our purpose, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values, Hyatt regency guiding principle and leadership profile.
• Assists to feedback the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
• Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
• Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
• Exercises responsible behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt International.
• Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
• Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
• Ensures high standards of personal grooming and hygiene standards.
• Responds to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
• Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management * Relevant Work Experience
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000773
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.