Hyatt Chef De Partie - Asian / Japanese / Korean in MUMBAI, India
· Assists to ensure that all guest contact culinary employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Assists to ensure that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Organises and sets up the assigned section of the Food and Beverage Kitchen as efficiently as possible to increase speed and maximise productivity.
· Ensures that all dishes from that section are prepared consistently and according to standard recipes.
· Assists the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef in ensuring that all culinary standards in that section comply with company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and Minimum Standards.
· Monitors food and operating costs and controls these by reducing waste.
· Trains the culinary employees in that section of kitchen in the skills necessary for them to perform their function.
· Works in any sections of kitchen when necessary or as requested by the Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine.
· Ensures the sanitation standards for kitchen are being met.
· Be familiar with all sections of the kitchen to facilitate the flexible use of employees.
· Ensures that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Through hands-on management, closely supervisesthe Kitchen employees in the performance of their duties and ensures this is in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable laws.
· Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Kitchen employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Kitchen employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Assists in the training of the employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
· Supervises the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
* Hotel Management - Degree / Diploma * Relevant experience
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000466