Hyatt Guest Service Officer- Bell Desk in MUMBAI, India
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Delivers the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- Provides excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
- Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner; feedbacks guests complaints to Assistant Manager-Front Office immediately.
Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships. Financial
Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
- Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
- Verifies arrival and departure details and arranges luggage handling and transportation and other services requested by guests.
- Delivers and picks up guest baggage as assigned by Team Leader – Concierge.
- Maintains and cleans all equipment at Bell Desk to maintain a professional image.
- Stores luggage according to standards.
- Directs incoming guests to the check in area whilst offering to handle any luggage the guest happens to be carrying.
- Directs guest and visitors to any of the Hotel’s facilities.
- Escorts guests to their rooms, explaining all in house and room facilities.
- Opens and closes car doors for guests whenever the opportunity arises.
Loads/unloads guest’s luggage for arriving and departing guests.
Ensures vehicle's license number, type are logged down on the luggage tags for future reference.
- Assists all guests with luggage storage, ensuring the proper handling, storage, security and procedures are followed; transports guest’s luggage to their room in an efficient manner.
- Handles parcel wrapping
- Delivers daily morning and special newspapers to guests’ rooms and offices as assigned.
- Maintains a tidy lobby by checking the general cleanliness and tidiness of the sitting area and entrance.
- Ensures all messages of any kind are promptly delivered to the guest’s room.
- Ensures that the bell carts are kept clean, shiny and orderly at all times.
- Hails taxis and answers guests’ inquiries.
- Prevents entrance of unauthorized or undesirable persons; keeps main entrance and driveway neat at all times.
- Assists to direct traffic in the hotel’s driveway.
- Be familiar with the hotel’s products and services and policies; be aware of all functions and promotions held in the hotel.
- Works closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Ensure that brand standards have been implemented
- Respond to the results of the Brand Standard Audit and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
- Works in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments in line with our purpose.
- Support the hotels target for NPS and customer service.
Ensure that the defined ISO standards are followed while on duty.” Personnel
Support the implementation of our purpose, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s values, Hyatt regency guiding principle and leadership profile.
Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
- Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt.
- Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
- Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Ensures high standards of personal grooming and hygiene standard.
- Responds to changes in the Front Office function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management. Minimum 2 years work experience in hotel operations. Good customer service, communications and interpersonal skills are a must.
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: MUM000839
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.