Hyatt Bell Attendant in NASHVILLE, Tennessee
Essential Job Functions:
Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Remain calm and attentive, especially during heavy hotel activity and emergencies.
Retrieve guest items from cars, busses, vans, and carts. Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated rooms. Navigate bellcart through public areas, guest room corridors, and to elevators. Requires physical stamina to stand, lift, carry and walk continuously for duration of shift.
Read and match luggage tags, write claim tickets and detach portion to give to guest.
Organize and store luggage as necessary in a designated area.
Escort customers to accommodations; visually inspect room and telephone and deficiencies such as towels to housekeeping immediately. Point out room features and directory for reference.
Directs guest flow through hotel giving assistance and directions to restaurant and other guest / client facilities.
Delivers messages to meeting facilities and guest rooms upon request.
Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Thompson Nashville from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Pick up and deliver guest laundry to and from guest rooms in a timely, accurate manner.
- Deliver VIP packets, mail, packages, faxes, etc. to specific guest rooms.
- Post hotel reader boards and public area signage.
- Clean and polish carts and other equipment used in the department. Clean and maintain bell closet.
- Answer the Bell desk phone and provide information as needed.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
Qualifications/Skills: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation. * * / Essential:/ 1. Valid drivers’ license. 2. Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English. 3. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information. 4. Ability to read English language sufficient to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists. 5. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes, and luggage up to 50 lbs continuously throughout shift. 6. Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions. 7. Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and unload luggage. 8. Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property. 9. All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available). 10. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. / / /Desirable:/ 1. Prior guest service or other hospitality experience preferred. 2. Applicants with additional language skills preferred. 3. High school diploma preferred.
* May be constantly in and out of doors. Vast changes in temperature dependent upon weather conditions. Frequent lifting with considerable bending and stooping. * Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, bending, stooping, touching, feeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, touching, standing, sitting, fingering, holding. Considerable hand and finger dexterity to lift and grasp objects such as room keys and luggage handles. May require continued repetitive bending and stooping. * Requires high levels of contact with all types of people. Interacting with people to a high degree as relates to the attending of needs or requests of people or to the expressed or implicit wishes of people. Immediate response is required.
Primary Location: US-TN-Nashville
Organization: Thompson Nashville
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: NAS000682
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.