Hyatt Marketing Manager in NASHVILLE, Tennessee
Reporting into the Director of Sales & Marketing (DOSM), Thompson Nashville’s Marketing Manager will be responsible for assisting with Thompson Nashville’s media relations efforts, external and internal communications, marketing collateral design, advertising efforts, and new media campaigns. Position will also manage the social media strategy and execution, as well as programming efforts. Must be comfortable and confident interacting with staff members and leadership of Thompson Nashville, members of the media, local influencers as needed, and should be able to communicate in an articulate manner both verbally and in writing.
Works closely with Director of Sales & Marketing to manage day-to-day PR, marketing, advertising and administrative activities – working toward overall objectives of generating awareness, demand, and revenue for the Thompson Nashville hotel.
Will work with DOSM to promote all programming to hotel guests and locals via hotel-based communications, Thompson Nashville website, social media channels, e-marketing and PR channels, working alongside PR agency to execute. Act as hotel representative in public forums and influencer events; establish relationships with local tastemakers, social influencers, etc.
The Marketing Manager will also work in tandem with the Food & Beverage Marketing Manager to execute campaigns as they relate to the full property.
- Field media requests and disseminating hotel and programming information via phone and email
- Coordinate and staff film and photography shoots at Thompson Nashville
- Manage/edit Thompson Nashville target media lists
- Keep press kits and press materials updated and organized
- Monitor relevant local and national hospitality news to share with DOSM and sales team
Coordination of media visits; process reservations, transfers, dining reservations, etc. / / /Communications/Marketing/
Uphold brand integrity by managing use of Thompson Nashville logo and adhering to brand guidelines
- Assist with develop/strengthening Thompson Nashville’s online presence via new media venues
- Lead efforts in securing on-property social media imagery assets from various departments (rooms, culinary, etc.)
- Brainstorm story ideas and content for target social media channels
- Manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram photo galleries
- Updates to and writing content for Thompson Nashville’s Web site
- Manage e-marketing distribution lists (eblasts, enewsletters)
- Manage online image galleries (OTAs, travel partners, etc.)
- Monitor and provide reports/insight on enewsletter reports (open rates, click through rates, etc.)
Work closely with Guest Experience Manager to execute unique programs and experiences for guests / / /Administrative/
Work with PR agency of record to capture, save and organize press clips on daily basis
- Organize and process invoices from marketing partners; keeping track of timely payment, budget and media plans
- Organize and maintain Thompson Nashville’s marketing assets (photography, collateral, etc.)
- Produce and distribute press packets and other media materials
- Manage database for in-kind donations; distribute donation certificates; manage reservation process
- Organizes and prepares materials for PR calls, marketing meetings, etc.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized. Must be proficient in reading, writing and verbally communicating English.
- The candidate should have an interest in traditional and social media, marketing and communications, and must be a skilled verbal communicator and writer. Strong web research skills, a familiarity with major media outlets, and proficiency with Microsoft Office are mandatory. Basic design capabilities (Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, etc.) and HTML skills are preferred but not required. Standard schedule is Monday – Friday, however, candidate must be willing and available to work weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience; minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position is preferred.
Primary Location: US-TN-Nashville
Organization: Thompson Nashville
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NAS000496
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.