Hyatt Chef de Cuisine in NASSAU, United States
At Hyatt, we believe guest select our brand because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded.
The Chef De Cuisine will be responsible for Managing The day-to-day culinary operation for Grand Hyatt, Baha Mar's superb Fish House.
The Chef de Cuisine will report to The Executive Chef and will be expected to take the lead on creating and implementing various menu items and concepts with his/her input.
- Act as senior leadership by developing and assuming key management responsibilities
- Assume the role of liaison between all dining room operations and culinary staff
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items within the restaurant concept
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
- May manage other key culinary leadership rolls including supervisor and other less senior Sous Chefs
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis
- Participate in marketing events directly related to their specific restaurant
- Experience in the creation and preparation of sushi dishes
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, basic financial management and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Strong training and communication skills
- Culinary education and/or on the job training, independent restaurant experience is preferred
- Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred
Primary Location: Caribbean Islands-BS-Nassau
Organization: Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NAS000355
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.