Hyatt Event Planning Manager in NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Event Planning Manager handles both local catering and large groups. This person is responsible for detailing and servicing events and ensuring guest satisfaction.
Duties also include contract review and facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of service.
Event Planning Managers also host hotel tours, maintain strong customer relationships, participate and may lead event meetings, and other staff meetings, and work as a team member with the sales and catering staff. The manager also works closely with an assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- You're more than welcome. *
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Candidates should be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Five years hotel experience or completed Event Management trainee program
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.
Primary Location: US-LA-New Orleans
Organization: Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: NEW007961
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.