Hyatt Event Sales Manager in NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana
Event Sales Manager
The Hyatt Regency New Orleans is seeking an Event Sales Manager to join our exciting and fun Events team. We are conveniently located in the downtown area near Champions Square, Smoothie King Center, and minutes from the historic French Quarter, Arts District, and Mississippi Riverfront. Our property has 1,193 guestrooms and 200,000 square feet of event space and is ready for a motivated and creative new leader to take advantage of a unique opportunity to impress and delight our future guests. Come join our family at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans and you will have the chance to sell a brand new experience to our guests!
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Primary sales efforts are in Banquet Food and Beverage and includes menu planning, agenda setting and hotel meeting services. Duties also include contract review and facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of service. The Event Sales Manager also host hotel tours, maintain strong customer relationships, participate and may lead event meetings and other staff meetings, and work as a team member with the sales and events staff. The manager also works closely with an assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff.
Main perks of working at Hyatt Regency New Orleans?
Full Benefits offered after 90 days of employment
401k options and match
Discounted and complimentary hotel accommodations anywhere in the world
Discounted on-site dry cleaning services
Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- A minimum of 1-3 years of hotel event sales/event planning, completed Event Management trainee program or comparable experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2 years of hotel and/or food & beverage experience preferred
- Previous selling experience
- Experience working and meeting a quota
- Must be experienced in general computer knowledge and programs
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally & in writing, with public and other Team Members
- Present a professional appearance and confidence
- Candidates should be extremely detail oriented, organized and be able to handle a fast paced environment
- Strong time management & multi-tasking skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Understanding of negotiation and interpretation of contracts
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio visual, banquets, accounting, restaurants and engineering
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire employees to exceed standards and expectations
- Knowledge of meeting room set-ups and capabilities, sleeping room configurations and types
- Respond to requests by Meeting Planners immediately
- Create, review and revise rooming lists and VIP lists
- Manage meeting space and adjust in order to ensure maximum potential revenue
- Maintain price integrity both in rooms and food and beverage, using revenue management
- Pre-check room setups, prior to arrival of the group
- Relay accurate forecast information for rolling forecasts
- Interact with outside planners, vendors for event set-up
- Manage existing accounts and follow up with client re-solicitation to capture future business
- Responsible for increasing overall revenue per attendee by upselling techniques, rooms management strategies, value added offerings and other creative methods
- Experience creating and writing menus to fit event’s needs.
Primary Location: US-LA-New Orleans
Organization: Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: NEW008828
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.