Hyatt Bell Person in NEW YORK CITY, New York
Greet guests as they arrive at and depart from the property; and assist them with luggage. Transport guest luggage to/from guest rooms. Escort guests to rooms and inform guests of all hotel services and features. Responsible for attending to immediate needs of each guest upon arrival and throughout their stay for concierge services, etc. Thorough knowledge of all hotel services and amenities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Honesty & Integrity.
- To be mindful of the importance of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Always knock and announce yourself before entering any guest room, whether vacant or not.
- Stand at assigned area in lobby and outside hotel entrance to assist and greet guests. Posted area should be kept neat and clean at all times.
- Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room, from current room to re-assigned room for room changes, and from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
- Assist in locating guests lost luggage.
- Correctly tag, store, and retrieve luggage from bell closet. (If a room has checked-out and a new guest has checked in waiting for a vacant dirty room to be cleaned, luggage for the new guest may be stored in the guest room closet or on the luggage rack).
- Retrieve luggage from guest room for guest already checked out.
- Deliver boxes and packages from the security booth at the loading dock to the meeting room storage (pre-function).
- Retrieve boxes and packages from meeting room (post function) and deliver to the security booth at the loading dock.
- Ensure all internal communication via HotSOS handheld is answered immediately, and tickets are closed in a timely manner when dispatched to specific bellman handheld.
- Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room.
- Identify fire exit closest to guest’s room and explain safety features of assigned room.
- Demonstrate use of room key to guests and place luggage inside room.
- Identify and explain guest room features to include, but not limited to: a) air conditioning/heat units and thermostat controls, b) telephone and voicemail, c) television, d) clock radio, e) guest services directory, f) lights, g) bathroom amenities, h) valet/laundry services, i) ice and vending areas, j) concierge and hotel services, k) emergency procedures, l) safe.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- Hotel history and neighborhood knowledge.
- All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location.
- All room rates, special packages and promotions.
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- Room availability status for any given day.
- Scheduled daily group activities.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of local attractions and activities to recommend for guest inquiries.
- Assist guests with concierge related services. Knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and guest amenities.
- Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
- Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell Person assistance.
- Answer bell stand telephone within three (3) rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Handle guest complaints immediately.
- Retrieve luggage from guest rooms for guests already checked out.
- Retrieve guest laundry/dry cleaning from their rooms and deliver to appropriate location.
- Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include: a) messages, b) mail, c) packages, d) flowers, e) sundry items requested by guest, f) gift items.
- Deliver morning newspaper by 6:30am to specified guest rooms.
- Monitor and maintain appearance of lobby areas and luggage holding room as well as polish/clean luggage carts.
- Assist guests with unloading/loading of vehicles, guest requests and services, retrieval of theater tickets, flowers, etc.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests even when busy.
- Adhere to the Thompson Hotels’ standards including Forbes 5-star standards
- Retrieve ice for guests, upon request
- Any additional duties as directed by management.
* A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. * Refined verbal communication skills.// * Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight. * Ability to tolerate moderate amounts of walking.
Primary Location: US-NY-New York City
Organization: The Beekman
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: NEW009172
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.