Hyatt Leisure Sales Manager in NEW YORK CITY, New York
Support the sales efforts of the hotel by performing administrative duties relating to sales. Assist the Sales Managers and Director of Sales in maintaining existing business clientele relationships, ensuring maximum operational efficiency for the department, profitability for the hotel and quality service for the guests.
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Assist DOSM to drive awareness, secure key target accounts and generate new business opportunities to position the property as the “premier luxury lifestyle hotel” in the marketplace.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and customer contacts in the preferred corporate and/or luxury leisure markets.
- Assist DOSM in the establishment of annual sales goals and marketing plan.
- Meet or exceed the annual sales revenue goals, including sales activity production guidelines.
- Develop expert knowledge of the hotel’s product positioning in marketplace, seasonality, pricing strategies and master the competitive advantages to the hotel’s primary/aspirational competitive sets.
- Adhere to the hotel’s sales guideline and room revenue budget to book profitable business corresponding to the hotel’s revenue strategy and during designated need periods.
- Demonstrate expert sales knowledge in prospecting, telemarketing, negotiating, closing sales techniques during outside sales calls, site inspections, and tradeshow and events.
- Provide leadership to help drive productivity and performance of the sales team.
- Comply with company sales reporting standards using Opera Sales & Catering, and all other company sales, reservation, distribution systems.
- Prepare pre-trip and post-trip reporting of any travel and tradeshow related activities.
- Participate in monthly sales department and revenue and strategy meetings.
- Conduct superior negotiating skills in a professional, business-like manner to maximize profitability of hotel’s performance.
- Develop, implement and execute sales strategies in a quarterly action plans to impact existing key accounts, target accounts and the development of new business opportunities within assigned market segments.
- Identify and qualify the market for major room night demand generators, developing effective strategies with the Director of Sales & Marketing consistent with the hotel’s sales and marketing plan. Develop expert knowledge of new business opportunities in backyard area to maintain a competitive edge.
- Act as a source for the Director of Sales & Marketing in suggesting strategies and tactics for respective markets in the annual business plan.
- Assist DOSM on creative marketing projects, involving Social Media, Editorial Content, Public Relations, cultural partnerships and special events.
- Develop professional selling skills through participation in prescribed training programs as directed.
- Has command of all programs, promotions and services of Thompson Hotels, and those of its primary competitors.
- Update management on market fluctuations and competitive changes in product ownership or strategies. Recommend shifts in sales action plans in response to these fluctuations or changes.
- Maintain positive relations and high visibility in relative business organizations such as Downtown Alliance, HSMAI, CVB, NYC & Company, and local hotel/motel associations.
- Maintain strong working relationships with competitive sales representatives in hotel’s primary and aspirational competitive set to ensure referrals and co-op bidding.
* Minimum 3 years previous Leisure Sales Manager experience in a luxury NYC hotel.
Ability to demonstrate expert knowledge and customer contacts in the preferred corporate and/or luxury leisure markets.
Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
Basic skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
Ability to deal with internal and external customers and staff, collect accurate information and to resolve conflicts.
Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Ability to work flexible schedules to include AM, PM, Weekends & Holidays.
Computer knowledge in Windows environment and previous experience with automated property management system, especially OPERA.
Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to communicate in a second language.
Essential Physical Abilities:
Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
Repetitive hand motion (typing) for extended periods of time.
Primary Location: US-NY-New York City
Organization: The Beekman
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NEW008818
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.