Hyatt Overnight Security Officer - Full Time in NEWPORT BEACH, California
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Security Officer is responsible for the oversight of the safety and security of the hotel guests and employees. During the overnight shift, the security officer will also serve as a guest request person, assisting the Night Auditor in handling guest needs as they arise. This person will follow safety and security standards and complete incident reports as required.
/ Essential Functions: /
- Conduct interior and exterior patrols throughout the property checking for unsecured doors and rooms, trespassers, unauthorized persons in restricted areas and safety hazards.
- Respond to all guest and associate calls while on duty, making emergencies a top priority.
- Draft incident reports and ensure all record logs such as key logs, lost and found, group resumes, contractor passes, and emergency equipment are all current and up to date via daily audits.
- View CCTV monitors and keep constant surveillance of grounds through the camera system.
- Conduct security office duties in a timely manner.
- Report/resolve safety hazards throughout the Resort on a daily basis.
- Respond to, communicate, follow up, and provide updates on all incidents as they occur.
- Have full knowledge of the Resort’s activities/events each shift and provide a professional security presence while focusing on customer service.
- Receive and communicate all information pertaining to your shift from the daily briefings.
- Answer phones and complete guest requests which include deliveries of items to the guest room.
- In the absence of the Night Auditor, oversee the front desk for short periods of time. Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. Other benefits include: comprehensive health benefits package; 401k retirement plan; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; generous hotel room discount program and much more!
* Previous security experience required * Refined verbal and written communication skills * Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances * Must have overnight availability with the occasional need for a day shift.
* Must be available for the overnight shift working a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays * Proficient in basic computer skills * A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
Primary Location: US-CA-Newport Beach
Organization: Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NEW007470
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.