Hyatt Front Office Manager in NHA TRANG, Vietnam
Main Duties Administration
* Oversees and assists in the preparation and updates of the Front Office Departmental Operations Manual. * Conducts regular communications meetings and ensures that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary. * Represents the Rooms function on the hotel's Leadership Committee in the absence of the Director of Rooms.
Customer Service * Ensures that all Front Office associates deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times. * Ensures that Front Office associates also provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate. * Assists in greeting and checking-in VIP and Long Stay guests, ensures that they are met by an Assistant Manager – Front Office. * Ensures that all Front Office associates are aware of current promotions, policies and other important information. * Ensures that all Front Office associates are familiar with the hotel’s products and services. * Implements consistent guest recognition programmes and maintains a relevant guest history database. * Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily. * Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships. * Personally and frequently verifies that guests are receiving the best possible service during check-in and check-out. * Spends time in Front Office and Regency Club during peak periods to ensure that both areas are managed well by the respective team and delivers the brand promise. * Ensures that guest history records are accurately maintained and all repeat guests are pre-registered.
Finance * Maximises associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests. * Ensures that the Front Office operates with the lowest possible cost structure while also delivering on the brand promise to the guest, proactively managing costs based on key performance indicators. * Maximises rooms’ sales and revenues for the hotel through appropriate yield management, upselling and inventory management initiatives, and working closely with the relevant Heads of Department and Front Office employees. * Assists in monthly reforecast, as appropriate. * Assists in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan for Rooms Division. * Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
Marketing * Assists in weekly yield and revenue management meetings, as necessary. * Assists in the preparation, utilisation and update of an annual Marketing Plan.
* Monitors rooms’ standards in general, working through the respective Head of Department to take corrective action where necessary.
* Conducts frequent and thorough inspections of guest rooms and Rooms areas in general together with the Housekeeping Manager and other Assistant Managers - Front Office.
* Ensures the strict control of room keys.
* Assists in securing external guest accommodation in overbooking situations.
* Ensures that public areas are clean and up to standard.
* Ensures that all daily arrival V.I.P. rooms, special request rooms, and long stay guest rooms are pre-blocked in advance, that Housekeeping is notified and that each room is prepared with the appropriate welcome amenities.
* Ensures that all V.I.P. and long stay guests are met on arrival by an Assistant Manager.
* Works closely with the Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to block rooms as necessary for maintenance.
* Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
* Assists in making sure that Hyatt’s Purpose and Values have been implemented.
* Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
* Works closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
* Ensures that the Front Office employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
* Ensures that all guest details are entered correctly in accordance with the principles of clean data.
* Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Front Office associates; follows hotel guidelines when recruiting and uses a competency-based approach to selecting associates. * Ensures the punctuality and appearance of all Front Office associates, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards. * Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions with Front Office associates, supports them in their professional development goals. * Plans and implements effective training programmes for all Front Office associates in coordination with the Learning Manager and Departmental Trainers. * Supports Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and assistance at monthly meetings. * Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Front Office associates through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring. * Prepares and posts weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators. * Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation. * Supports the implementation of Hyatt’s Values and Brand Promise. * Ensures that associates have a complete understanding of and adhere to associate rules and regulations. * Ensures that associates follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security. * Feedback the results of the Colleague Engagement Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required. * Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in associate and industrial relations. * Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International. * Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations, especially travel agencies, local business groups and airlines. * Reads the hotel's Associate Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety. * Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming. * Responds to changes in the Rooms function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel. * Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Primary Location: VN-34-Nha Trang
Organization: Hyatt Regency Nha Trang
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: NHA000001
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.