Hyatt Assistant Restaurant Manager | XIX (Nineteen) in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
As Philadelphia’s only hotel on the National Register of Historic Places, The Bellevue Hotel has been at the forefront of shaping the city’s cultural, culinary and cocktail scene since becoming its first luxury hotel in 1904. Timeless architecture, local art, the East Coast’s largest fitness facility and modern design of spacious guest rooms with soaring ceilings are just a few things that make The Bellevue Hotel unlike any other in Philadelphia.
XIX (Nineteen), an award winning restaurant, provides locals and out of town guests with a stylish and inviting dining experience. Known as one of the highest restaurants in Philadelphia, the creative and rotating menu selections offer an unparalleled dining experience. The restaurant’s sought-after window tables and balcony dining experiences allow for views of the sunset or a nighttime gaze at the city lights while the interior dome ceilings of the Café and Restaurant provide an incredible ambiance to share a memorable experience.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager in XIX assists in managing the full-service cafe, restaurant and bar within The Bellevue Hotel. Typical responsibilities include ensuring a high level of guest satisfaction, exercising quality control on food and beverage operations, and maintaining communications with other areas of the hotel. In addition to overseeing the daily operations, this individual may be responsible for staffing, scheduling, training and coaching of staff.
As a member of our team, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: * Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance * Disability and Life Insurance * $1,000 per year for Educational Assistance * Discounted Hotel Room Nights * Free Meals in our Colleague Dining Room * Paid Time Off * 401(k)
- 2 years or more of progressive, upscale restaurant management experience preferred
- Candidates should be extremely knowledgeable about food and beverage. Beverage knowledge should include wine, spirits, beer and mixology
- Service oriented style with professional presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills in a fine dining restaurant, including strong knowledge on precise steps of meal and drink service
- Hotel or Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, must be an effective communicator and effective in providing exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational skills and abilities
- Must be able to support Hyatt's purpose by identifying opportunities to display authentic human care to guests and colleagues so they can be their best
Primary Location: US-PA-Philadelphia
Organization: The Bellevue Hotel
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: PHI001633