Hyatt Engineering Manager in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
An Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing the upkeep, appearance, and working order of the hotel. This individual must be able to work independently and help oversee project management by partnering with other hotel colleagues and shared building entities. While this individual is a hotel liaison to a contracted engineering team, they report directly to the hotel’s Director of Operations.
This position requires overall maintenance knowledge and trouble shooting ability with an understanding of HVAC, refrigeration, carpentry, painting, building equipment, and tool usage. The primary responsibilities and duties of this position may include: * Organizing hotel engineering assignments and daily tasks Scheduling guestrooms for preventative maintenance * Creating checklists and SOPs for preventative maintenance of event space and restaurant venues * Inspect and review projects to monitor quality and pace of completed work assignments * Monitoring Engineering work orders and We Care entries in the HotSOS Order Console * Requisition supplies and materials for hotel projects * Oversight/control appropriate par levels of hotel engineering supplies and parts * Partner with local contractors and vendors who may assist with large scale projects * Conduct hotel walk through inspections with building partners and hotel staff to ensure the highest standards are maintained * Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the maintenance of hotel structures, facilities, and systems * Develop and implement quality control programs
- Service oriented style with professional communication and presentations skills
- Engineering/Facility Management degree preferred
- 2 years or more of progressive hotel experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service, and ability to follow through in seeing tasks to completion
- Must be able to support Hyatt’s purpose by identifying opportunities to display authentic human care to guests and colleagues so they can be their best
Primary Location: US-PA-Philadelphia
Organization: The Bellevue Hotel
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: PHI001697
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.