Hyatt Front Office Host | Part-time (Overnight) in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
As Philadelphia’s only hotel on the National Register of Historic Places, The Bellevue Hotel -/An Unbound Collection by Hyatt/, has been at the forefront of shaping the city’s cultural, culinary and cocktail scene since becoming its first luxury hotel in 1904. The deep-rooted history of The Bellevue Hotel connects guests with distinctive architecture, modern and spacious rooms, elite events and dining fit for any special occasion. Magnificent stories abound waiting to be discovered.
An Overnight Host is responsible for greeting guests on arrival and making them feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. A Host’s priority at all times is to engage with guests in a caring and positive manner, using active listening skills to understand the needs and wants of guests – wherever possible, getting to know them and their preferences on a personal level. A Host is a key contact person and resource for guests throughout their stay and should demonstrate creative problem solving. A Host also plays the important role of ensuring that the departure motivates guests to come back to the hotel at the earliest opportunity.
Hosts should possess strong communication skills, be detail oriented, comfortable with technology and confident in basic financial transactions.
- Display empathy and demonstrate listening skills in all interactions
- Manage the registration process to confirm guest information, acknowledge preferences as noted, provide guest with room keys and offer luggage assistance
- Tailor interactions based on guests’ needs and available data
- Understand and be familiar with hotel room inventory to manage and allocate based on availability and guest preferences
- Provide appropriate recognition to members of Hyatt’s loyalty program
- Respond accurately to inquiries and offer knowledge of the hotel features/general information
- Approach guest issues with compassion and recover service as appropriate
- General cashiering skills
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other hotel departments
- The ideal candidate will have previous customer service experience and professional presentation in line with the grandeur and history of The Bellevue
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Basic computer systems knowledge
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Fulfill a flexible schedule to include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to support Hyatt's purpose by identifying opportunities to display authentic human care to guests and colleagues so they can be their best
- Fulfill flexible schedule to include overnight shifts – early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
Primary Location: US-PA-Philadelphia
Organization: The Bellevue Hotel
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: PHI001749
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.