Hyatt Front Office Manager in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
As Philadelphia’s only hotel on the National Register of Historic Places, The Bellevue Hotel -/An Unbound Collection by Hyatt/, has been at the forefront of shaping the city’s cultural, culinary and cocktail scene since becoming its first luxury hotel in 1904. The deep-rooted history of The Bellevue Hotel connects guests with distinctive architecture, modern and spacious rooms, elite events and dining fit for any special occasion. Magnificent stories abound waiting to be discovered.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for all duties of the front desk operation which includes: staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. The Front Office Manager should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate leadership abilities. In addition to assisting in the operation of the Front Office operation and guest services personnel, this position will respond quickly to guest requests and/or complaints in a friendly manner and ensure that appropriate action is taken to guarantee guest satisfaction.
Duties include: * Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel’s Front Office operations * Develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans * Maintain guest room inventory * Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt Service Standards and Procedures * Perform all tasks of a Front Office Staff as needed to facilitate service * Ensure all operations and cash handling are done per policies and procedures * Maintain excellent communication with the housekeeping department * Maintain information on prices, rates, specials, packages, programs, etc, while ensuring all staff are trained in all areas * Analyze, investigate, and resolve guest complaints * Create expectations, lead people, manage processes, and hold people accountable for the agreed upon activities and time tables * Insures proper staffing levels for customer service goals * Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
As a valued member of Hyatt’s team, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- $1,000 per year for Educational Assistance
- Complimentary and Discounted Hotel Room Nights
- Free Meals in our Colleague Dining Room
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Employer Match
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds * 4 years or more of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience (typically with Hyatt) * With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred * Service oriented style with professional presentations skills * At least 2 years progressive management experience within the Rooms Division of a hotel * Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset * Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line * Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English * Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel * Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
Primary Location: US-PA-Philadelphia
Organization: The Bellevue Hotel
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: PHI001683
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.