Hyatt Stewarding Supervisor - Royal Palms Resort and Spa in PHOENIX, Arizona
The Stewarding Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Stewarding department and assisting Stewards with the day-to-day operational needs. Ensures proper washing of kitchen, utensils, and sanitation and that all outlet surfaces and utensils are clean and in compliance with all Health department requirements and hotel guidelines. Further responsibilities include ordering and inventory of chemicals and upkeep of the dry storage area.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly and service-oriented manner.
- Comply at all times with hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Supervise activities of stewards to ensure proper utensil sanitation and storage.
- Train new stewarding staff on departmental procedures/standards as needed and keep up with their progress.
- Maintain and update stewarding schedules and inform management of overstaffing or understaffing issues.
- Check banquet hallway, loading dock, and receiving area for cleanliness.
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of store rooms, hallways, dock and equipment.
- Assign stewards to proper areas to ensure hotel wide cleanliness.
- Monthly inventory of China/Glass/Silver
Assist with set-up and breakdown of Banquet functions and equipment.
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Some benefits while working at the Royal Palms Resort and spa include; Discounted rates at participating Hyatt hotels around the world - Meals from our colleague cafeteria - Recognition programming like colleague appreciation events - Health and Wellness programming and much more.
* Flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays * Strong verbal and written communication skills * Ability to multi-task and work quick and efficiently * Ability to push, pull and carry a moderate amount of weight (40lbs ) * Ability to walk long distances for long periods of time * 2-3 years of experience in a related field required. Hotel/restaurant experience preferred * Supervisory experience preferred * CA Food handler certificate required
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix
Organization: Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: PHO002294
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.