Hyatt Outlet Manager in PHU QUOC, Vietnam
· Develop and preserve genuine, close relationships with others, which will enable you to build trust
· Seek to genuinely understand the needs and concerns of others
· Demonstrate genuine care and concern for others, displaying warmth and respect in interactions
· Seek collaboration from others around complex issues
· Unleash your team in pursuit of goals
· Entrust others to make decisions and take independent action, and take responsibility of coaching and developing them
· Demonstrate commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
· Seek feedback from others to identify strengths and opportunities
· Recognize and apply lessons learned from past mistakes, and share learning with others
· Challenge the status quo in service of continuous improvement
· Identify strategies, resources and actions necessary to move change forward
· Create a climate where individuals can safely take risk, experiment and learn from failure
· Demonstrate sound judgement and decision making, and make quick decisions when needed
· Effectively balance short-term priorities with long-term priorities with the long-term strategic plans, and translate broad strategies into clear objectives and actionable plans
· Think about conceptual issues and ideas and understand how the different components of a system are interconnected.
· Ensures that the Food and Beverage activities in the venue are aligned with the respective Corporate Strategy, and that the Resort Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· Prepares and updates the Departmental Operations Manuals.
· Conducts regular departmental communications briefing and meetings.
· Ensures that all colleagues deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Ensures that colleagues also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Personally and frequently verifies that guests in the Venue are receiving the best possible service.
· Spends time in the Venue (during peak periods) to ensure that the Venue is managed well by the respective colleagues and functions to the fullest expectations.
· Maximises colleague productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
· Ensures that the venue is operated in line with maximising profit while delivering on the brand promise.
· Achieves the monthly and annual personal target and the venue’s revenue.
· Assists in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan for Food and Beverage.
· Assists in the monthly re-forecasting, involves the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
· Ensures that all resort, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information
· Assists in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of resort operating equipment and other assets
· Manages costs proactively based on key performance indicators, works with the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.
· Prepares with the Venue team, a yearly marketing plan which is the basis of the Food and Beverage Annual Marketing Plan.
· Evaluates local, national and international market trends, vendors and other resort/restaurant operations constantly to make sure that the resort’s operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
· Continuously seeks Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
· Ensures that minimum brand standards have been implemented.
· Ensures that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Works closely with other Venue Managers in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the resort and the satisfaction of resort guests.
· Ensures that Food and Beverage colleagues work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
· Tastes and monitors the food and beverage products served throughout the operation, provides feedback where appropriate.
· Monitors service and food and beverage standards in the Venue; works with the Assistant Venue Managers and Chef de Cuisines to take corrective actions where necessary.
· Conducts frequent and thorough inspections together with the Chef de Cuisine of the Food and Beverage Venue Operation.
· Frequently verifies that only fresh products are used in food and beverage preparation.
· Assists the Executive Chef/Chef de Cuisine with creative suggestions and ideas.
· Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
· Liaises with the Kitchen and Beverage Department on daily operations and quality control.
· Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and upsell alternatives.
· Ensures that the venue is kept clean and organised, both at the front as well as the back of house.
· Liaises and organises with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
· Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Food and Beverage colleagues; follows the resort guidelines when recruiting and uses a competency-based approach to selecting colleagues.
· Ensure the punctuality and appearance of all Food and Beverage colleagues in the Venue, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the resort and department’s grooming standards.
· Maximises the effectiveness of colleagues by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions with colleagues and to support them in their professional development goals.
· Assists in the development of Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and monthly meetings.
· Plans and implements effective training programmes for colleagues in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
· Prepares and posts the weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· Encourages colleagues to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Supports the implementation of The People Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that all colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to colleague rules and regulations.
· Ensures that colleagues follow all resort, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Feedbacks the results of the Colleague Opinion Survey and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
Required Skills: · Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company. · Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency. · Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities. · Good writing skills · Leadership Skills
Qualifications: · Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field.
· 4 years related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Primary Location: VN-Kien Giang-Phu Quoc
Organization: Nam Nghi Resort Phu Quoc
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Food and Beverage
Req ID: PHU000182
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.