Hyatt Engineering/Maintenance in SANTA CLARA, California
The Engineer is responsible primarily for maintaining a high degree of maintenance services to the hotel and its guests. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to responding to all guest requests and ensuring that all major equipment is operating properly at all times. This person must have at least one year of mechanical experience and exceptional communication skills. This is a fast paced position that will involve heavy lifting and excessive standing and walking.
As an Engineer, you will
- Take regular action to keep guest room and areas fully operable for guest comfort and safety and the work environment safe for fellow associates.
- Use your wits and technical abilities to solve problems and make repairs effectively and efficiently.
- Respond courteously to guest requests promptly and resolve matters to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Help with grounds upkeep.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records. Fundamentals
A high school diploma with technical or vocational schooling is preferred. Hotel experience is also preferred but not required. General knowledge of technical fields, such as carpentry, painting, and electrical, is expected. This position requires effective communication skills, a professional manner, the ability to work in a team and make independent decisions. This position requires lifting at least 40 pounds.
Primary Location: US-CA-Santa Clara
Organization: Avatar Hotel
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: SAN021937
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.