Hyatt Building Engineer in SEATTLE, Washington
- Enjoy working as part of a team to assist other engineering personnel with routine repairs and preventive maintenance
- Earnestly respond to guest requests to ensure their personal comfort
- Take pride in our house and perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas while monitoring and maintaining cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Enthusiastically prepare for daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate time management
- Hold the highest standards for proper use of all equipment
- Responsibility for ensuring safety and security of the property, our guests and fellow associates
* Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun! * Experience. Must have basic knowledge in the building maintenance fields with a minimum of one (1) year in a similar position or equal experience, specifically using hand tools and other tools to repair and maintain equipment. * Knowledge. Must have experience with basic diagnostic devices and training in general-overall mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, and carpentry knowledge and the ability to trouble shoot in these principals. * People Person. While this position requires working with equipment, the best part is the opportunity to be part of a team and interact with guests. * A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to trouble shoot and knows a thing or two about safety, facility repairs and maintenance. Able to lift 75-100 lbs on occasion. Position may require lots of walking, kneeling, working overhead, working on ladders Strong problem solving skills. Strong communication skills and works well in a team and on your own. Some experience using PC programs, painting, HVAC, electrical, plumbing. Will train for right candidate.
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle
Organization: Thompson Seattle
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: SEA002409
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.