Hyatt Food and Beverage Manager - Motif Seattle in SEATTLE, Washington
The Food and Beverage Manager - Frolik will provide oversight and management of the Restaurant. S/he will manage the training of all staff to ensure excellent service standards.
The Food and Beverage Manager - Frolik will always conduct them self in manner which supports the guiding principles of Destination Hotels:
/Acts with the highest ethical standards, treating others fairly & with respect./ /Empower a diverse group of talented and prepared people./ /Nurture lasting relationships with investors, customers and team members/ /Achieve optimum investment performance./ /Focus on Continuous improvement of quality assets and services./ /Consistently work to balance our lives and contribute positively to our communities./ / / Essential Job Functions: / / * Experience and have a passion for Food, Beer Wine & Spirits * Developing a team that loves coming to work * Achieve financial goals through active and effective leadership * Achieve guest satisfactions scores through consistent service excellence. * Manage beverage inventory * Demonstrate a “guest first” style of leadership in interactions, execution and recovery that maintains a balance between guest satisfaction and Hotel profitability. * Consistently model and uphold Motif Seattle core values and standards of service. * Consistently participate as an active role model, trainer, coach and mentor Team Members. * Follows the hotel’s processes for coaching/counseling to ensure that performance standards are met or exceeded. * Employ consistent, effective methods of reward and recognition to promote a positive working environment. * Use effective and professional communication to ensure that the departments function properly and Team Members interface with one another in a proactive, participatory style. * Complete projects as assigned in a timely, accurate manner and to specifications as required or requested. * Direct the hiring, training and coaching/counseling processes to ensure that performance standards are met or exceeded. * Supervises staff on a daily basis to ensure consistency in performance standards and share individual results with Team Members. * Conduct daily Team Member meetings and participate in weekly staff meetings to ensure a consistent and effective flow of information between management and staff. * Possess command of the information and execute operations in accordance with the Team Member handbook and department policies. * Directly responsible to ensure that the outlets are maintained, fully functional and appear consistent with established standards. * General care of restaurant supplies and monthly inventory of non-food supplies are maintained to par levels. * Responsible to maintain inventory of food, beverage, and non-food supplies in the restaurants and bars. * Develop strategies of internal marketing and salesmanship of staff. Including creating and directing an internal marketing process whereby all front-line Team Members are aware of, and participate in, the cross-selling of food and beverage offerings. * Effectively devises and implements ongoing marketing and promotions to successful and consistently generate business. * Ensure all Team Members possess competent knowledge and selling strategies in accordance with the current specials, offers and programs. * Ensure the accuracy and compliance of daily time and attendance policies, accounting procedures, and reporting. * Comprehend and implement annual budget development including revenues, payroll, expenses, and long-term development of capital expenses. * Participate in the Hotel Manager on Duty Program. * Perform other duties are requested by Department Managers and/or General Manager. _ _ Experience & Education:
- College degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years in F&B field
- One year training experience
- Prior culinary management experience preferred
- Prior Four or Five Diamond experience preferred _ _ Job Requirements:
- Computer knowledge to include Micros POS System, Open Table, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel programs.
- Preferred: Two years luxury hotel management experience or free standing restaurant, Hospitality degree or similar experience.
- Must love to run busy, hands-on shifts.
- Ability to work 50 hours per week, mostly in the evenings, holidays and weekends
- Possess solid understanding of P&L, restaurant reporting and analysis.
- Must have strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge and experience of food service, policies, procedures and cost control.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Proper guest service requires and employee staff that is thoroughly trained in service sequence, product knowledge, and makes every effort to meet the needs of each and every guest.
- Communicate with staff either in pre or post shift meetings regarding changes in menu/beverages and company policy.
- Must be flexible and willing to work any shifts including holidays.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and patrons in an English speaking environment. _ _ Working Conditions:
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height and push/pull up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally _ _
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle
Organization: Motif Seattle
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SEA002531
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.