Hyatt Seasonal Restaurant Server - Frolik Kitchen + Cocktails in SEATTLE, Washington
The Server is responsible for accurately and efficiently delivering guests’ food and beverage orders and maintaining a clean and orderly restaurant and food preparation environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcomes guests to the restaurant in a professional manner.
- Interacts with guests to take food and drink orders.
- Communicates effectively with kitchen staff when food ordering expressing any special needs.
- Ensures prompt delivery of food to the guest's table.
- Has knowledge of liquor, beer, and wine. Suggests pairings of food to wine or beer.
- Has an extensive knowledge of the restaurant menu and maintains the ability to describe both the ingredients and preparation of each dish.
- Handles cash and credit cards according to the hotel policies and procedures.
Serves beverages and food to guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction.*
* Other Duties:
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with peers, management, line and front of the house employees.
- Practice effective listening: (seek to understand)
- Perform related duties as required.
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of the immediate work area as well as the general property.
* Experience & Education: * * * At least one year server experience preferred * At least one year food & beverage experience preferred * At least six months experience with POS systems preferred * At least one year of customer service experience required * Prior hospitality experience preferred * * *Job Requirements:* * * * Washington State food handlers permit good food service knowledge. * Must have flexible work schedule and able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays. *
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle
Organization: Motif Seattle
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Seasonal
Req ID: SEA002536
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.