Hyatt Engineering Manager in SINGAPORE, Singapore
You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. The Engineering Manager is responsible to assist the Engineering Operations Director in ensuring the efficient and economic operation of the Engineering Department in support of all other operating Departments, supplying services as required to the entire operation, and maintaining equipment, building, and grounds in optimum condition.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Position Grand Hyatt Singapore as the leading hotel by achieving the KPI targets set for HySat along with the financial & position KPIs
- .Operate, maintain and repair all aspects of the Hotel's MEP facilities in accordance to the Hotel's standards and statutory requirements to achieve optimum operating efficiency of the building and equipment at all times.
- Implement savings wherever possible without detriment to safety or Guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and control all MEP systems in the hotel and ensure that they are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Troubleshoot and make recommendations for remedial action for system deficiencies.
- Coordinate and communicate engineering work activities with other departments concerning identification of repair and maintenance problems and requirements, satisfaction with work in progress and work completed.
- Develop work plan prior to the intended execution of work, considering all possible disruption that could cause the guests and other operating departments, manpower and materials availability, in order to minimise adverse impact to the Hotel's operation.
- Make frequent inspection tours, to check condition of building and equipment, and monitor work progress generally.
- Ensure that all outside contractors and Team Members carry out their work, in accordance with and in adherence to Hotel, local and regional health and safety at work criteria.
- Assist in the execution of preventive maintenance program and the execution of the Maintenance Connection System. Frequent meetings with Shift Engineers to review the current performance of their equipment.
- Keep up-to-date records of all test certificates & licenses, such as, electrical tests, pressure vessels, fire systems and panels, etc. Maintain contact with local authorities such as Fire Department, Electricity Supply Company, Water Supply Authority, City Building and Health Inspectors, etc., to ensure that all requirements are being complied with and that assistance or advice will be readily available whenever required.
- Negotiate terms and conditions for all manufacturers, suppliers, vendors and service contracts renewal.
- Assist the Engineering Operations Director and Assistant Director of Engineering in the management, organisation and control of all work assigned.
- Assist the Engineering Operations Director and Assistant Director of Engineering in energy conservation program planning and implementation. Propose, plan and execute Owner’s Capex projects.
- Perform normal and shift duties and any other duties assigned by the Engineering Operations Director and Assistant Director of Engineering.
* Possess a degree or diploma in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering and/or Building Management with minimum 3 years relevant experience. * Knowledge in preventive maintenance programme and special projects will be valuable.
Primary Location: SG-Singapore-Singapore
Organization: Grand Hyatt Singapore
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: SIN000762
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.