Hyatt Assistant Engineering Manager in SOFIA, Bulgaria
We have an exciting opportunity for anAssistant Engineering Managerto join our new property in Sofia.
Hyatt Regency Sofia will mark the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Bulgaria and will add to Hyatt’s growing footprint in Europe.
The hotel will be ideally located in the heart of the Bulgarian capital on Vasil Levski Square. Guests will be a short walking distance from the National Assembly, which houses the country’s parliament, as well as many of Bulgaria’s cultural institutions and tourist attractions, including the Monument to Vasil Levski, Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski, National Academy of Arts, SS. Cyril and Methodius National Library, and Sofia University.
Expected to open in Q1, 2020, Hyatt Regency Sofia will deliver on the contemporary expectations of guests and meeting planners. The 183-room hotel will feature a restaurant, a lobby lounge and market as well as a penthouse event space with unrivalled views of the city. The hotel will serve as the perfect venue offering 1,200 square meters of flexible meeting and event facilities. Fitness centre and spa will support well-being of the guests. At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, the AssistantEngineering Manager will be responsible to ensure the uninterrupted operation and proper operation of the building, all engineering systems and technical equipment of the hotel in accordance with the requirements of standards, regulations, instructions, and drawings.
- Ensure the proper and smooth operation of the hotel's technical equipment and systems (heating, ventilation, lighting, water supply, sewerage, electricity, etc.).
- Control engineering work carried out by outside organizations.
- Carry out routine maintenance, adjustment of equipment and schedule preventive maintenance activities.
- Control the compliance with the rules of fire safety, sanitary, environmental and other norms and rules of engineering service.
- Monitor the conclusion and execution of contracts related to the operation of the existing and the introduction of new machinery and equipment.
- To form requests for the purchase of necessary equipment and materials.**//__
* University degree in Civil engineering or related * Previous successful experience on a similar position * Detail oriented and organized personality * Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, leadership skills, effective communicator, flexibility, excellent organisational and monitoring skills * Pre-opening experience is a strong advantage * Fluent local language * Excellent spoken & written English is essential for this role
Primary Location: Bulgaria-Sofia
Organization: Hyatt Regency Sofia
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: SOF000047
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.