Hyatt BANQUET CHEF in SOFIA, Bulgaria
Hyatt Regency Sofia
We have an exciting opportunity for aBanquetChefto join our new property in Sofia.
Hyatt Regency Sofia will mark the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Bulgaria and will add to Hyatt’s growing footprint in Europe.
The hotel will be ideally located in the heart of the Bulgarian capital on Vasil Levski Square. Guests will be a short walking distance from the National Assembly, which houses the country’s parliament, as well as many of Bulgaria’s cultural institutions and tourist attractions, including the Monument to Vasil Levski, Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski, National Academy of Arts, SS. Cyril and Methodius National Library, and Sofia University.
Expected to open in Q4, 2019, Hyatt Regency Sofia will deliver on the contemporary expectations of guests and meeting planners. The 183-room hotel will feature a restaurant, a lobby lounge and market as well as a penthouse event space with unrivalled views of the city. The hotel will serve as the perfect venue offering 1,200 square meters of flexible meeting and event facilities. Fitness centre and spa will support well-being of the guests. At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Head Chef,asBANQUET CHEFyou will be in charge of the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
Assist the Head Chef in managing his / her kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
- You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
- Fully in charge under the Head Chef mentoring of the Event kitchen as an independent profit centre, in line with the outlet’s operating concept and Hyatt International standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction while operating within budget, helping to ensure the financial success of the outlet.
- Ensure that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented.
- Work closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Buy locally available fresh products wherever possible and has limited menus which are changed frequently to ensure the guest is always offered a variety of food items.
- Plan or participate in planning menus and utilisation of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, popularity of various dishes and frequency of menu.
- Review menus, analyses recipes, determines food, labour, overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
- Direct food apportionment policy to control costs.
- Introduce and test the market with new products which are market-orientated in terms of price and product.
- Serve fresh food to the guests which is prepared following international events procedure, is consistent in quality, and which reflects the style of the outlet concept.
- Supervise cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinate their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observe methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Test cooked foods before plate-up and service.
- Estimate food consumption and purchases or requisitions of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Devises special dishes and develops innovative recipes.
- Establish and enforce nutrition and sanitation standards for restaurant.
* Minimum 2 years work experience as a Sous Chef in a banqueting environment with good standards. * Knowledge of international banqueting standards * Qualification in Kitchen Production or Management will be an advantage. * Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential. * Computer skills in MS Office. Recipe Maintenance System is preferred. * Fluent local language and very good command of English.
Primary Location: Bulgaria-Sofia
Organization: Hyatt Regency Sofia
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SOF000030
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.