Hyatt Event Service Supervisor in SOFIA, Bulgaria
We have an exciting opportunity for anEvent Service Supervisorto join our new property in Sofia.
Hyatt Regency Sofia will mark the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Bulgaria and will add to Hyatt’s growing footprint in Europe.
The hotel will be ideally located in the heart of the Bulgarian capital on Vasil Levski Square. Guests will be a short walking distance from the National Assembly, which houses the country’s parliament, as well as many of Bulgaria’s cultural institutions and tourist attractions, including the Monument to Vasil Levski, Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski, National Academy of Arts, SS. Cyril and Methodius National Library, and Sofia University.
Expected to open in Q1, 2020, Hyatt Regency Sofia will deliver on the contemporary expectations of guests and meeting planners. The 183-room hotel will feature a restaurant, a lobby lounge and market as well as a penthouse event space with unrivalled views of the city. The hotel will serve as the perfect venue offering 1,200 square meters of flexible meeting and event facilities. Fitness centre and spa will support well-being of the guests. At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Event Service Manager, the Event Service Supervisor would be responsible for assisting managing the daily execution of all banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Manage daily Banquet functions to include, but not limited to, planning, organizing and executing breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Ensure that service and standards according to SOP's are adhered to
- Oversee the setup of function rooms to include, but not limited to, the placement of linens, silver, glassware and chinaware according to event specifications and a full inspection
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Communicate function specifications, procedures and changes with affected departments including, but not limited to, the Food and Beverage, Event Services, Property Operations, Audio Visual and Housekeeping
- Oversee the breakdown of the function room and ensure proper storage of equipment
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
* Previous experience as Event Services Supervisor / Banquet Supervisor * A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast-paced environment * Refined verbal and written communication skills * Must be proficient in general computer knowledge * Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized * Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service * Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service * Ability to communicate in English and Bulgarian
Primary Location: Bulgaria-Sofia
Organization: Hyatt Regency Sofia
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SOF000034
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.