Hyatt Resident Controller in SOFIA, Bulgaria
We have an exciting opportunity for a Resident Controller to join our new property in Sofia.
Hyatt Regency Sofia will mark the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Bulgaria, and will add to Hyatt’s growing footprint in Europe.
The hotel will be ideally located in the heart of the Bulgarian capital on Vasil Levski Square. Guests will be a short walking distance from the National Assembly, which houses the country’s parliament, as well as many of Bulgaria’s cultural institutions and tourist attractions, including the Monument to Vasil Levski, Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski, National Academy of Arts, SS. Cyril and Methodius National Library, and Sofia University.
Expected to open in Q4, 2019, Hyatt Regency Sofia will deliver on the contemporary expectations of guests and meeting planners. The 183-room hotel will feature an Italian New York style restaurant, a lobby lounge and market as well as a penthouse event space with unrivalled views of the city. The hotel will serve as the perfect venue offering 1,200 square meters of flexible meeting and event facilities. Fitness centre and spa will support well-being of the guests. At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Resident Controller role is to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Finance & Accounting Division, while maintaining Hyatt’s high standards of Financial Management.
As a member of the properties management team, the resident Controller is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Controller plans, organizes, directs, and controls the accounting and control function of the division, reports operational results, and provides chronological systems.
- To maintain complete and supported accounting records of the hotel as per the Company’s policies and procedures.
- To implement local accounting procedures to ensure compliance with local government regulations, after approval from the area and / or corporate offices.
- To prepare and interpret the financial statements and reports of the hotel.
- To audit the accounts, records and transactions of the hotel, aided by ongoing efforts to streamline the internal control procedures.
- To implement all necessary controls in order to safeguard the assets of the hotel and to maintain records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories.
- To ensure that physical inventories of all supplies are being taken on a monthly basis and of all operating equipment on a quarterly basis.
- To assist in compiling, together with the General Manager and Heads of Department, all budgets and forecasts covering all activities of the hotel and to maintain all budget control procedures.
- To understand Hyatt and / or hotel tax obligations, using the assistance of locally-appointed auditors or tax experts.
- To obtain the requisite licenses for foreign exchange dealings, imports, liquor, swimming pools, entertainment and so forth from the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- To review and ensure proper procedures and controls of purchasing, receiving, storing and requisitioning functions – i.e. Materials Management functions.
- To liaise with both internal and external auditors in compliance with the Company’s requirements.
- To liaise with the Security Manager on issues concerning Guest or Employee safety.
- To keep and safeguard all contracts, leases, insurance policies, licenses and all legal and financial documents.
- To know all terms and conditions of the management agreement and to ensure that they are adhered to.
- To liaise with the owners on financial matters. To respond to their requests and attend Board Meetings as required
1. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people 2. 5 years or more of progressive hotel Accounting experience (typically with Hyatt) 3. With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred 4. Service oriented style with professional presentations skills 5. Hospitality or Accounting degree preferred 6. Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line 7. Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English 8. Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Office 9. Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and administrative skills
Primary Location: Bulgaria-Sofia
Organization: Hyatt Regency Sofia
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SOF000009
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.