Hyatt Assistant Golf Professional (Meadows & Woodlands) in SUNRIVER, Oregon
Sunriver Resort is hiring for the Spring and Summer Golf Seasons.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
The Assistant Professional assists in managing and directing all golf related activities including collection of fees, player assistants, starting times, pace of play, group and individual tee times, maintenance and cleaning of carts, tournaments, teaching, driving range and selling of golf equipment and merchandise. The Assistant Professional willmaintain the AAA Four Diamond standards.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assists the Head Professional in handling “Guest Service”.
- Supervision of Starters and Player Assistants. Insuring that they are following and meeting their job expectations.
- Insuring proper collection of fees, golf, accounting practices and daily record keeping.
- Assists the Head Professional with interviewing, hiring, training, and scheduling staff. Conduct evaluations of all permanent and seasonal employees. Assure that all employees attend orientation and staff meetings.
- Assist with merchandise, display, and cleanness of shop on a daily basis.
- Works with group coordinators on a group and tournament golf to provide all necessary services, supplies, equipment and information. Coordinate with Concessions Manager (McDivots & Par Patio) on food and beverage functions with day-to-day orientation and staff meetings.
- Follows the budget and keep an accurate account of cash, charges and daily reports, as well as conducting weekly check on inventory levels. Track all statistical information as required for future reference.
- Responsible for enforcing company golf course policies and procedures including pace of play, dress code, number of players, no coolers, no non-golfing children under 10, etc.
- Cooperates with golf course superintendent regarding condition and schedule of play on golf course.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
* Ability to teach group and individual lessons * Ability to portray the image required of a Head Golf Professional * Service oriented * Outgoing personality and genuine interest in golfers and their pursuit of the game * Dedication to the game of golf and determination to achieve Class A status * High school education or equivalent required * Strong knowledge of the USGA golf rules required * PGA member or apprenticeship program preferred * Minimum of two (2) years in a similar position preferred * At least one year supervisory experience required
Primary Location: US-Oregon-Sunriver
Organization: Sunriver Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Seasonal
Job: Golf and Recreation
Req ID: SUN000168
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.