Hyatt Sunriver Resort Banquets Houseman in SUNRIVER, Oregon
The Banquet Houseman is responsible for the physical set-up and turnovers of all banquet events. S/he will follow specific Banquet Event Orders to ensure accuracy for the set-up. The Houseman will maintain the cleanliness and eye appeal of the banquet space. The Banquet Houseman will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards.
_ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:_
- Maintains a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Sunriver Resort including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Prepares all banquet space prior to events
- Tears down all banquet space after events
- Follows Banquet Event Orders with strong attention to detail
- Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up
- Assists the banquet servers/captains with clearing of tables as needed
- Assists the A/V team with setting up equipment
- Assists with all set-up functions to include setting silverware, draping tables, folding napkins and arranging centerpieces/décor
- Removes centerpieces/décor after events and stores appropriately
- Removes soil linens and stores appropriately
- Assists with transporting food/beverages to event location
- Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings
- Maintains the cleanliness of banquet storage rooms
- Assembles dance floors
- Arranges buffets, stages and podiums
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Communicates all pertinent information to the banquets team
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Ensures proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver.
- Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).
// _EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:_ * High school education required * At least one year of customer service experience preferred * Prior hospitality experience preferred _ _ _JOB REQUIRMENTS:_ * Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit * Must have valid Oregon driver’s license and meet company driving standards * Must be able to read, write and speak English * Must possess valid OLCC card upon hire * Must possess valid Food Handler’s card upon hire //
Primary Location: US-Oregon-Sunriver
Organization: Sunriver Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Seasonal
Req ID: SUN000199
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.