Hyatt Culinary Coordinator in SYDNEY, Australia
Hyatt Regency Sydney is the largest upscale full service hotel in Australia with a total of 892 rooms. The hotel also features our Regency club lounge, Fitness Centre, 272 seat all-day dining restaurant, a rooftop bar with panoramic views of Darling Harbour and 3,700 square meters of new state-of-the-art meeting facilities.
Hyatt Regency has various kitchens to suit our multiple outlets including Banquets, In Room Dining, Restaurant and Pastry. Our Zephyr Bar and Regency Club will also have a kitchen for chefs to rotate between.
Our production team is capable of catering to over 3000 covers per day in a variety of events with a variety of cuisine!
The Sailmaker is a 272-seat restaurant serving a busy buffet breakfast and a recently launched exciting new table concept in addition to the A la carte menu with an Australian/Asian-inspired fare.
Being the Kitchen Coordinator, you will support the Kitchen team in the coordination of all aspects of the kitchen:
• Administratively support all Kitchen outlets and provide day-to-day support as delegated by the Executive Chef.
• Maintain and create departmental databases, record systems and filing systems.
• Liaise with the Food & Beverage & Catering team if required with all event enquiries related to food and to ensure each event and private function exceeds client expectations.
• Promote full communication in the outlets to ensure that all staff is fully aware of upcoming bookings, events, activities, special functions and food and beverage happenings.
• Assist the Kitchen leadership team to ensure roster and payroll are accurately managed.
To be Successful
• This is a crucial role and the successful candidate must be able to thrive in a high pressure and rewarding team environment.
• Having an understanding of rosters and maintaining accurate payroll/time and attendance records.
• You will possess excellent organisational and time management skills, all of which will be complimented by your articulate verbal and written communication skills.
• Business acumen, initiative, conscientious, outgoing, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, able to work with purpose.
• Knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and Work Health & Safety standards
• Excellent personal presentation.
Benefits of Working with Hyatt
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
• Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (Terms and Conditions apply)
• Learning & Development opportunities
• Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
• Discounted city car parking
• Fully laundered uniforms
Primary Location: AU-NS-Sydney
Organization: Hyatt Regency Sydney
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SYD001834
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.