Hyatt Property Systems Engineer – Japan Hub Office in TOKYO, Japan
The Property Systems Engineer assume responsibility for Property Systems health and operations. They will provide Level III technical support and customer service duties for the internal and external customers of those systems. They maintain communications with appropriate personnel to provide notification, escalation and resolution towards incidents and requests. Drive incident management during planned and unplanned outages ensuring ITIL best practices are followed. Assist the projects team and contribute to the project resources when needed. They acquire knowledge from all available channels and share with colleagues in order to improve the knowledge level of the team.
• Provide technical guidance on operational issues affecting Property Systems (Opera Hosting). • Performs trend analysis on monitoring alarms, incident reports and service ticket to resolve identified issues. • Maintain channels of communication with the related application technicians to ensure prompt technical support of any and all Property Systems and Interface related problems. • Coordinate communication and support with the third party technical vendor. • Provide oversight for the Property Systems support queue including process tracking, monitoring, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of Property Systems. • Participate in the development and implementation of related systems. • Coordinate all modifications and changes to Hyatt’s property systems with the technical team and carry out the changes as agreed upon the reviewed solution. • Provides on-call or after hours technical support for the group • Implement new technologies and roll-out new products and systems in coordination with other technical support staff.
• University Degree in Information Systems or Information Technology. • Bachelor Degree in IT is preferred.
• 5 Years Windows Administrator Experience (2008r2 – 2019) • 1-2 Years Network experience (F5, Switch, Router, VIP creation and profiles, DNS, Certificates) • 1-2 Years working with virtual/datacenter environments (VMware vCloud, VSphere, Azure, Amazon) • 1-2 Years working with a ticketing platform (Service Now, Jira)
Automation: • Ansible • Rundeck • Terraform • Powershell • Jenkins • BitBucket Monitoring: • Splunk • SCOM/Squared Up • VictorOps Applications: • FIM • Citrix • Tumbleweed (SFTP Client) • CyberARK • Confluence • Nagios • Opera PMS • Opera IFC • Opera OXI • Opera OEDS • Oracle Report Builder Database Tools: • Oracle 11.2.04 • SQL Developer • RAC/SCAN Preferred: • Knowledge of Credit Card processing systems that include Chip & Pin and Tokenization. • Advanced knowledge of network theory and virtual environments.
• English (Required for all Applicants) – Fluent • Japanese (Based on Applicant Region) - Fluent
• Certified in ITIL Foundations v3 or equivalent preferred
• Candidate will participate with the on-call support rotation for the group. • This entails being available after hours, weekends and holidays as needed. • Must be able to educate, train or mentor other members within the team with internal tools and skill sets. • Hotel / Hospitality operations experience preferred (Onsite IT manager or regional IT Manager)
Primary Location: JP-Kanto-Tokyo
Organization: Hyatt Hub ASPAC
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TOK001049
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.