Hyatt Director of Sales in TORONTO, Canada
Summary of responsibilities:
Hyatt Hotels is actively seeking a dynamic Director of Sales and Marketing to join our high-performance organization at Thompson Toronto. This position will be responsible for driving sales and marketing results that will achieve the hotel’s key goals and metrics. This position reports directly to the hotel’s General Manager with responsibility to the RVP Sales, Lifestyle.
Successful leaders at Hyatt lead by example and model the organizations values and purpose. Hyatt provides an innovative environment where you can take pride in developing yourself and those around you. We achieve success for and through others by building trust and engagement, resulting in impactful outcomes for all stakeholders. If you would like to participate in a caring award winning environment this experience is for you. Responsibilities include:
· Work collaboratively with other hotel leaders to nurture and magnify the hotel’s luxury ambience, reputation and unique service culture. The DOSM is a senior leadership director’s role. The DOSM will provide total hotel leadership and will be required to work collaboratively with other leaders to create strategies, plans and processes to foster overall goal achievement.
· Provide day-to-day leadership to sales associates, supporting, educating, coaching and developing the team, assisting them to achieve assigned objectives. The DOSM is responsible for the overall achievement of booking goals and hotel revenues.
· Strategically manage public relations messaging and activities, generating appropriate content at desired frequency
· Manage social media channels and campaigns, ensuring that on-going content is relevant and fresh. Manage social advertising to drive results.
· As the hotel will be renovated in 2020, and repositioned as one of the city’s leading luxury lifestyle venues, the DOSM will strategically develop a business plan to support repositioning and market leading results
· Provide customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy with the goal of maximizing market rates, occupancy and RevPAR share.
· Proactively lead and generate new business opportunities, drive pricing, direct sales, acquisition efforts and results for a diverse, client base.
· Continuously evaluate the hotel involvement in the various sales distribution channels developing dynamic working knowledge to enhance hotel positioning
· Manage costs and budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions, and other to drive revenue, and meet property objectives.
· Develop strategic alliances and partnerships to support marketing initiatives working closely with brand and other leaders.
· Sets goals and expectations for direct reports, align performance and incentives, manage performance issues and hold team accountable to achieve results.
· College/University degree from an accredited institution; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel Management, or related major or related professional area.
· Experienced Director of Sales and Marketing with focus in Lifestyle Hotels, Luxury Hotels and Hotels with a neighbourhood focus, may be given preference.
· Knowledge of developing and executing sales and marketing plans; preferred experience with online marketing, advertising, PR and finance/budget planning and management.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Organization: Thompson Toronto
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TOR001240
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.