Hyatt Accounts Payable Clerk - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely payment of all company debts which may include vendor invoices, travel agency commissions, outside contractors, contract labor, employee reimbursements and company credit card billings. Essential Functions: A. Daily
- Verifies invoices for accuracy and matches them to packing slips, purchase orders and receiving logs. Codes invoices and prepares for data entry into the computer.
- Verifies all credit card billings and insures all receipts are attached.
- Verifies all travel expense forms and check requests.
- Obtains approvals for, but not limited to, invoices, check requests, credit card billings, travel expense forms, travel agency commissions, and contract agreements.
- Does the data entry into the A/P module, prints reports and verifies input.
- Maintains an A/P session log.
- Works with vendors and employees about invoice and payment discrepancies.
- Insures invoices are processed on a timely basis in order to avoid late charges and to ensure prompt payment discounts.
Maintains vendor records in the SBT system.
- Prepares for the check run by printing the A/P Aging Report and Cash Requirements Report. Works with the Business Services Director or Assistant Business Services Director on selection for vendor payments.
- Selects vendors to be paid in the system, prepares the check runs, and prints the check register reports.
- Distributes the A/P checks in-house and ensures checks are mailed in a timely matter.
- Maintains hard copy vendor files and records.
- Maintains open invoice files.
Runs T/A commissions payable listing from Front Office and cuts checks, obtains approvals from Reservations Manager before distribution of checks.
- Reconciles all vendor statements to open invoices.
- Ensures that all invoices are recorded in the proper month.
- Prepares an A/P accrual journal entry and verifies all goods and services received are expensed in the correct month.
- Prints the month-end A/P reports and reconciles the A/P Aging to the General Ledger.
- Works with the Assistant Director and Director to verify accuracy of A/P numbers in the financial statements.
- Special Projects may be assigned from time to time, as deemed necessary by the Assistant Business Services Director.
- Cross trains in other areas in the Business services dept. and assists in covering these areas when there are staffing shortages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Works well with others, and has good communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Excel or spreadsheet software, Word, and windows based programs.
Works as a team player. Is able to do problem solving and resolve issues relating to Accounts Payable and to assist others as needed in the Business Services Dept.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3-5 years of hospitality industry accounting. Experience with systems and software such as Excel, Solomon, SMS, SpaSoft and Outlook. Must be proficient in spreadsheet design.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000331