Hyatt Assistant Guest Relations Manager in TUCSON, Arizona
The Guest Relations Manager is responsible for all organizational tasks pertaining to the Guest Relations Department, which includes both the lobby position of Guest Relations and Pre-Booking. It includes supervising, training and overseeing Guest Relations Agents. The Guest Relations Manager will act as a liaison and maintain open and effective communication between Miraval guests, Guest Relations staff and all related departments. The primary responsibilities will be in supervising the communication with our guests in the pre-arrival stage, after the reservation is confirmed, through their in-house experience. The Manager will have the responsibility to insure feedback is relayed to the Manager's regarding guest comments and concerns with Miraval activities.
- DAILY DUTIES
- All duties as outlined in the Guest Relations Agent (GRA) job description.
- Ensure standards of escorting, booking spa & 1-1 services, answering questions about activities, booking golf, establishing transportation in SMS, and all other regular functions are done consistently by each GRA.
- Report regularly to Front Office Manager regarding personnel issues, guest issues, etc.
- Ensure cooperative teamwork efforts both within the department and with other departments.
- Assists in the answering of daily phone calls and following up on guest requests.
- Coordinate GRA's in the greeting & escorting of arriving guests and for tours.
- Oversee arrangements with golf, flower requests, other off-property guest requests and information available for GRA's to utilize such as area attractions and shopping locations, etc.
- Oversee ordering & delivery of guest amenities. Coordinate with F&B and bellstaff to ensure accuracy of delivery, inform both departments of any changes and/or cancellations.
- Delegate office tasks and responsibilities.
- Assist Front Desk staff with guest service issues.
- Maintain the daily read and sign book and memo book. Ensure all staff members are reading new information.
- Accurately differentiate guest issues that can be addressed by GRA's vs those that require management's assistance.
- Ensure cleanliness and professional look of guest services areas, and book library.
- Assist the Programs Department in the monitoring of guest sign up boards.
- To be proficient in working with e-time on managing hours and payroll.
- Ensure training documents are up to date.
- Train staff on existing and new resort offerings.
- Perform any other duties as delegated by the Front Office Manager.
* Ability to adapt to quickly changing computer software programs to improve the communication of a wide range of data to many staff members. * Ability to problem solve creating positive results for guests and staff. * Ability to make decisions to move staff positions as needed based on guest demands. * Ability to counsel with and coach staff that are not performing to the standards. * Knowledge of the resort services and all activities. * First hand experience in the majority of activities. * Ability to document staff performance with clear expectations on standards. * Proficient in using Springer-Miller Systems and Spa Soft required. * Highly proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, Microsoft Office specializing in spreadsheets and graphics. * Advanced knowledge of database activity.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: TUC000610
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.