Hyatt Bartender - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
Provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for guests while upholding Miraval visions and values. Essential Functions:
- Assure opening checklist is completed and restaurant is prepared for opening.
- Observe customers as they sit down at bar and assure they are greeted promptly and properly and seated in a friendly manner.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Up sell drink specials as directed by management.
- Take beverage orders from guests and servers.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with food and service.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any requests or problems.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth operation of restaurant, bar and patio areas.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the Restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Learn names of patrons and personally recognize regulars.
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar and in the bar seating areas.
- Report any observed guest issues to Manager.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to Manager.
Must attend and participate in pre-shift meetings.
Ensure compliance with health and safety codes and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Two to three years bartending experience preferred. Two to three years of serving experience required. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000343