Hyatt General Maintenance Engineer - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
This position is responsible for the general maintenance and corrective action and repairs of all of the companies asset’s, including but not limited to guest rooms, public space, offices, roofs, boiler rooms, electrical rooms. This position is expected to perform high quality work in the fields of basic carpentry, plumbing, basic electrical, cosmetic, troubleshooting HVAC’s, and any issue in a guest room independently. This position will also be cross training in pools and water feature care.
- Ability to use appropriate hand tools to repair items.
- Repair and cosmetic enhancements of cabinetry, furniture, walls and flooring
- Application of roofing materials as directed by Supervisors
- Hanging of doors, windows and wallpaper
- Work on ladders, scaffolds and platforms daylight and dark hours of the day
- Work and make solid independent decisions with little supervision
- Make mirror repairs to ceilings and walls
- Troubleshoot HVAC unit, change filters, empty and clean lines and pans, test thermostats, reset units
- General cleaning of shop areas
- Ability to safely operate company vehicles including golf carts
- Respond to guest issues with a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to troubleshoot toilets, faucets and shower plumbing
- Re-lamp any/all property lighting with correct lamp’s as needed
- Perform proper lifting protocols and adhere to all safety/security protocols including MSDS
o Must be self-motivated and a problem solver. o Requires analyzing activities and/or information independently and staying highly organized * * *EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE* o High School or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree or related technical school degree preferred. o Prior experience in construction, hotel, hospital, or building. o Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits required. *LANGUAGE SKILLS* o Must be fluent in English; bilingual preferred. o Must possess good verbal, written and listening skills. * * *PHYSICAL DEMANDS* * * o Must be able to stand and walk on their feet for 95% of the shift. o Exposure to changing weather conditions including sun, heat, rain, cold, wind, light, dark snow etc. o Must be able to work in extreme temperatures, such as freezers (-10F) and boiler rooms ( 100F) possibly for one hour or more. o Must be able to climb 2 story ladders and have comfort with heights on various roofing structures, day or night. o Routinely subject to hazards. This includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. o Subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation. o Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations within the hotel on a timely basis. o Must be able to reach, bend, twist, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks as required. o Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. o Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently. o Must be able to lift 100 lbs. occasionally. o Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. o Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates. o Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment. * * * * *WORK ENVIRONMENT* * * o Job involves working: - under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold). - under variable noise levels. - outdoors/indoors. - around fumes and/or odor hazards. - around dust hazards. - around chemicals. *
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: TUC000446
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.