Hyatt Junior Social Sales Manager - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
Purpose: The Jr. Social Sales Manager will primarily focus on selling the hotel experience & concentrating on revenue growth but also assist and support the Sales Department by managing the office in terms of information, circulation, delegation of coordinator duties and correspondence as well as identifying methods and practices to improve overall performance and streamline efficiencies. The Jr. Social Sales Manager closes social group business but also frees up the Sales & Department Managers.
Demonstrate Miraval’s core values
Established group sales record
Expertise in the hospitality sales process including strong knowledge of how to generate leads, create opportunities and close group sales
Incorporate safe work practices
- Provide a quality guest experience
- Be a Team Player
- Demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement and achievement of goals
- Demonstrate a high level of ethics and accountability
- Financial Acumen
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Executes group sales process beginning with identifying prospects and qualifying leads, resulting in closed sales with a well-executed contract.
- Consistently prospects for new business.
- Participates in community activities and networking opportunities to build brand awareness within the local community.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with group leaders and referral sources.
- Develops sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established prospecting, revenue and room night goals.
- Fully communicates what an event at Miraval looks like so that guest experiences are consistent with what has been represented to our guests and will meet their satisfaction.
Logs all sites, calls and customer activities with meticulous notes in Delphi.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to: conducting property tours; outside sales calls; discussing options with future guests; prospecting accounts for potential repeat business; analyzing lost business and recommending solutions for future opportunities; preparing proposals/estimates and documenting events and activities; and communicating with other team members to ensure that scheduled events run properly.
- Performs all tasks and delivers a high level of guest services in conformance with policies, procedures, work instructions, training, codes of conduct, recognized best practices, safety laws and regulations.
- Contract clauses negotiation and editing. Creates & oversee proposal and contract template creation for maximum efficiency in process.
- Is familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and acknowledges guests in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Keeps up on the latest trends for activities and programs of competitors and guest demands. Makes recommendations to Hotel management on new activities or programs which can lead to revenue growth.
- Makes suggestions to improve the delivery of guest services and identifies new business opportunities that will enrich our guests’ experience.
- Performs regular quality checks on events meetings and conferences to insure things are working smoothly.
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with other team members, representatives, guests, potential guests, members of the community, etc.
- Responds to all complaints and problems in a positive manner and takes action to resolve.
- Shows concern by taking action to assure that our guests have a quality experiences.
- Provides administrative support for Sales - including but not limited to - Proposals, Client Estimates, Contracts & Contract Processing, Property Tours, Reservations, and Organizing Trips/FAMs as well as providing help where needed within the departments.
- Maintaining, Printing, Ordering, and overall Collateral inventory
- Handles incoming calls; is familiar with all hotel services, features, space, activities and relevant policies to respond to inquiries and qualify leads
- Development, tracking and processing of Guest Amenities for Sales and Guest Services at Miraval properties
- Ongoing assistance/creation of cross departmental/Property administration, policies & Project Management
- Proof Reading, Editing, and revising both client facing and internal documents.
- Maintains and manages Sales records including Vendor Information and Agreements
Oversee and manage Delphi FDC and Resort Suites including information interface, pick-up, maintenance, administration, training, auditing, upkeep, and implementation
Assists in processing agreements for Sales Team’s attendance at tradeshows and sales trips.
Performs regular quality checks on online sites and Miraval properties to insure things are working smoothly.
o Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word), Microsoft and Outlook platforms, Delphi FDC and Resort Suites (required), other web-based tools o Ability to learn new technology platforms o Organized and able to organize others o Proactive support of Sales Team to anticipate needs and provide assistance o Excellent communication skills and telephone voice o Available to travel as needed * * * * * * * * * * *Territory* o Handles all social market segment groups contracting out of the Western and Southwestern states/(excluding Texas)./Please see Sales Territory Map as reference. o May support tour & travel groups, corporate groups and fitness groups as needed from other sales managers.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000438
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.