Hyatt Night Audit - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
The Night Auditor is responsible for ensuring all of the revenue outlets daily accounting records have been processed and accurate; compiling information for Miraval’ s financial needs. Handling all guests’ requests in the absence of other resort staff.
- Respond to all guest requests, offer solutions and solve issues during the night shift.
- Complete all assigned tasks on night audit checklists
- Post room charges, taxes and service charges to guest accounts nightly.
- Process guest charge purchase transactions not posted by Guest Relations
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts
- Verify all account postings and balances
- Monitor the current status of coupon, discount or other promotional programs ensuring all market segments are accurate nightly
- Track room revenue, occupancy percentages and other statistics
- Prepare a summary of cash, check and credit card activities
- Summarize and print necessary reports of operations for managers
- Perform check in and check out procedures
- Maintain neat and organized work areas
- Effectively communicate pertinent information with all resort departments as necessary
- Assist with guest requests, deliveries and luggage help as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including email, routine database activities, word processing and spreadsheets
- Understanding principles of auditing, balancing and closing out accounts
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks and organize assignments
Clear communication both written and verbal
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, some higher education preferred Prior night audit experience of at least 1 year and/or other accounting, bookkeeping experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000474
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.