Hyatt Outdoor Adventure Guide - On-Call in TUCSON, Arizona
The primary goal of this position is to facilitate safe, meaningful and fun outdoor experiences. The guide should be competent in leading hikes ranging in difficulty and distance, guiding and instructing mountain bike rides and classes, facilitating high and low ropes challenge course activities, as well as instructing rock climbing.
- Lead hikes of 3-12 miles with elevation gains ranging from 200-3000ft while carrying a 35 lbs. pack.
- Lead mountain bike rides for 2hrs covering distances from 2-15 miles over varying levels of technical terrain.
- Teach basic mountain biking skills.
- Facilitate high ropes challenge course experiences for 2-6 hours per day. Including long periods of time standing while belaying and facilitating. Must be comfortable climbing telephone poles and being at heights of 25-50 feet.
- Instruct climbing wall activity, including teaching belaying, tying-in and climbing techniques.
- Safely fit guests with harnesses and helmets.
- Knowledgably conduct inspections of all safety equipment. Including ropes, harnesses, helmets, hardware and challenge course structures
- In all activities (especially challenge course) being willing and able to interact with guests on an emotional level.
- In all activities having risk management as number one priority
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an interest in and knowledge about the natural world, including the Sonoran desert, or a curiosity to learn about our natural habitat. This person must have strong interpersonal skills, strong customer service skills, strong group management skills, and strong critical thinking and problem solving skills. They also need to have the ability to be flexible in regard to scheduling and daily duties. Personal interest in outdoor adventure pursuits, including extensive hiking experience, mountain biking experience, rock climbing experience and a knowledge of rope systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous professional/educational experience as an Outdoor Adventure guide or educator. First Aid and CPR certification
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: On-call/Casual
Job: Golf and Recreation
Req ID: TUC000477
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.