Hyatt Spa Reception Agent - Part-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
The receptionist is responsible for checking in guests, scheduling and rearranging appointments as necessary for guests, as well as acting as a liaison between guests and other departments of the resort when necessary. The Receptionist must provide quality customer service, and be willing to learn about various services offered as well as Visual One computer programs. This person must perform a variety of daily tasks to keep the front desk functioning.
- Perform check-in procedures on a daily basis.
- Monitor current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Process guest charges and credit card vouchers.
- Verify all account postings and balances.
- Answer guest requests, ensure requests are passed on to proper departments, and follow up to ensure request has been resolved.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Ensure daily shift checklists are complete.
- Stay informed of all Spa services offered at Miraval.
- Ensure guest accounts are accurate and credit information is up-to-date.
- Inform management of any guest situations that come up daily.
- Communicate changes regarding guest accounts to all areas that may be affected throughout the resort.
- Provide leadership to others through example of sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and Miraval goals.
- Has an active role as the point person when an emergency situation arises by contacting 911 or notifying proper departments/guests.
- Prepares incident reports in situations involving guests, staff, and Miraval property.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Must maintain a professional and friendly appearance and attitude at all times.
- Will assist guests in all areas of scheduling spa appointments in person and over the phone.
- Responsible for running daily reports.
- Will complete sales of products sold.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. o Must understand the basic principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts. o Must be able to respond to individual guest needs and adhere to Miraval standards as written in the employee handbook. o Must have excellent communication skills. o Must be computer literate and have the ability to learn various software programs/applications. o Must know how to operate printers and various other office equipment. o Must be able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE o High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. o Prefer one-year office or other area of customer service experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS o Using the English language, have the ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or employees of organizations. o English is required to communicate with guests and management. Must possess the ability to present the Mission of Miraval as in the handbook, verbally and with body language. o Must speak quietly and in a clear, concise, and confident manner to guests and employees. REASONING ABILITY o Must possess good decision making ability with regard to guest issues that arise in the moment - without management supervision o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. o The physical activity is light, performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. o Must be able to stand on duty, as well as walk and sit for varying amounts of time. o Must be able to talk and hear. o Must be able to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, knell, crouch, or crawl. o Need the manual dexterity required to reach/handle items, work with fingers and hands. o Vision requirements are close, color, peripheral, and ability to adjust focus. o Required to lift up to 25 pounds infrequently. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment is well-lighted, heated and/or air conditioned indoor office with adequate ventilation. May be occasionally exposed to changing outdoor weather conditions. The noise level is low to moderate.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Req ID: TUC000320