Hyatt Spa Therapist Assistant - Part-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
This position assists the therapists in setting up and preparing for treatments. The Therapist Assistant is responsible for maintaining the standard of cleanliness in the treatment rooms and ordering, dispensing and monitoring product usage, scheduling trainings, manage guest allergy communications, provide back up for locker room, spa desk and retail as needed.
· Place orders for inventory items and treatment supplies based on current forecasts. Pre-measure product and monitor usage. Manage inventory in all areas.
· Clean and stock prep room areas.
· Deep clean treatment rooms on a rotating schedule.
· Report and track maintenance issues and provide consistent communication to the therapists in regards to these items. Follow up with engineering team as needed.
· Ensure there is back up equipment and supplies for each treatment room in case a breakdown occurs to minimize guest impact.
· Assume all lead responsibilities including assisting therapists in room set-up and breakdown, turning on Stones roasters, hot cabbies, cup warmers and salt lamps. Stock and warm Ayurvedic oils. Turn on computer and review therapist balancing. Prepare room sign-out sheet. Prepare for wet treatments – turn on wrap blankets, cut plastic. Clean and fill oil, cream and lotion bottles. Clean and fill shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel bottles in wet rooms.
· Communicate with therapists regarding product measurements for protocols in order to be as efficient and cost effective as possible while maintaining a great guest experience.
· Oversee all dispensing areas and ensure all product buckets are fully stocked, cleaned and prepped, monitor future bookings to plan ahead for possible addition/future needs
· Manage OTR usage seasonally. Develop and maintain procedures for inclement weather, such as: monsoon power outages, winter weather.
· Restock treatment rooms with all necessary items and follow up with therapists as needed
· Monitor linen availability and communicate with locker room teams when linens are needed
· Manage treatment room availability when busy to maximize availability and minimize any negative impact on the guest experience. This includes balancing, specialty room usage
· Participate with the spa management team in providing input to the Director as related to the spa as a whole, staffing, and treatments from an operations perspective
· Assist in all new employee training with product knowledge training, operational pitfalls in booking treatments, in-room treatment set up, and linen delivery protocols
· Deliver SOP’s to new hire massage therapists and train them on the many facets of their position; including their schedules in V1, room sign outs, products, uniforms, all treatment room procedures
· Maintain current list of all product ingredient information for over 150 products used and act as advocate for guest in regards to their noted allergies and product usage by communicating with prebooking agents, therapists and desk staff
· Responsible for ongoing communication with each product vendor to include monthly calls, product information including discontinued/backorder items and options for replacement.
· Set up and arrange product training with vendors – including meeting room needs and staff schedules.
· Oversee incentives for outstanding employee for Massage/Salon/Esthetics, front desk and locker rooms.
· Assist with special projects such as: filming, photo shoots, VIP guests as needed.
· Responsible for weekly communication to part-time and on call therapist assistants regarding schedules, special considerations, and maintenance issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to follow-through to completion on assigned tasks
Attention to detail
Emphasis on cleanliness
Solutions oriented approach to problem solving
Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
Possesses leadership abilities
High energy, able to multi-task and set priorities
Willingness to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Capable of dealing with stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
Experienced in managing people with compassion, patience and maturity
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED.
Some administrative and/or spa experience helpful.
Previous supervisory experience a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to stand and walk for at least 75% of the shift
Must be able to sit for at least 25% of the shift
Climb and descent stairs
Push, pull, bend, squat, reach and twist
Must be able to regularly lift at least 10 pounds
Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
Able to use hands and fingers to write, type, grasp, hold and manipulate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Req ID: TUC000395
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.