Hyatt Reservations Agent at Destination Residences Vail in VAIL, Colorado
/Job Summary:/* *The Reservations Agent is responsible for assisting our customers efficiently, courteously, and professionally in all reservations and maintaining a high standard of service and hospitality at all times. Reservations agent is primarily responsible for sales functions.
/Training and Reviews:/ Training of job responsibilities will be done through orientation procedures, written documents, and in on-the-job training provided by your supervisor and, occasionally, by other qualified staff. An initial review will be provided after approximately 90 working days, followed in a year by another, and thereafter on an annual basis unless otherwise specified. Pay increases occur when deemed warranted by your supervisor and not necessarily with each review.
* /Responsibilities:/* *The statements listed below reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a description of all the work.
- Quote available units and promotional rates to potential guests and their agents
- Book reservations for guests and owners by properly following the DH&R call criteria
- and enter their information correctly into the software
- Maintain relationships with key tour operators through professional phone skills
- Working knowledge of minimum night stays and other policies
- Answer telephones and direct incoming calls to necessary departments and co-workers
- Possess knowledge of credit card and check cashing policies and adhere to them
- Know department heads and department functions and how they relate to each other
- Communicate clearly with Housekeeping—inform them of unit’s arrival and departure status, special requests, VIPs, room or date changes, and other pertinent information. Provide them with work orders for required actions
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the managed properties, their units and amenities
- Update various wholesale and electronic partner extranets with rates, specials, and availability.
- Answer incoming “res-in” emails
- Properly document all correspondence with guests in reservation notes
- Stay up to date on room rates, packages, discounts and group package plans
- Maintain a professional, team-building relationship with co-workers
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the computer software used in daily office operations
- Have a general knowledge of Vail and it’s activities
- Have a good personal appearance and follow uniform requirements provided by supervisor
- Exhibit friendly, courteous, helpful behavior at all times; be able to react calmly and professionally when solving the problems and/or concerns of our customers
- Be able to handle a stressful, hectic atmosphere and follow through on duties after numerous interruptions; develop problem solving and decision making skills related to the front office operation
- Attend job related seminars and meetings when requested by supervisor
- Be able to work various shifts, weekends and holidays; be flexible with scheduling and assist co-workers with scheduling conflicts whenever possible; be on time for scheduled shifts.
- Perform any other task or project, either written or verbally defined by your supervisor
- Responsible for cleanliness of your work area, office and lobby area
- Help Sales Manager with projects and site tours when needed.
- Provide labor assistance in other departments if necessary; provide administrative assistance to management and other departments when asked
- Assist front desk as necessary
- Assist with group arrivals/departures
/Typical Physical Demands:/* *The job is office related with a great deal of phone/office work and the ability to move from one duty area to another as needed. Must be able to be on feet for long periods of time. Requires a moderate reading level, typing skills and corrected vision and hearing to within normal range. May require walking throughout the properties to deliver packages/messages, provide site tours to potential guests, or view a unit.
/Typical Working Conditions:/* *Typical office conditions except when walking the properties. Extensive contact with the public and co-workers. Conditions exist for high volume interaction during peak periods to low volume during slow periods. Must be flexible in scheduling to accommodate the various shifts this position requires.
/Education/Experience/Skills:/ * High school level education * 1yr Guest Service Experience preferred * 1yr sales experience preferred * Able to perform basic arithmetic * Well versed in MS Office Applications (including, but not limited to) * o Excel o Word o Outlook o Typing skills o Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment -Able to work any day of the week, weekends, and holidays -Typical shift is 9am-5pm
Primary Location: US-CO-Vail
Organization: Destination Resorts Vail
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: VAI000108
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.