Hyatt Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Regular) in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking dedicated, passionate, customer service oriented and hardworking Regular Room Attendants to join the Housekeeping department.
The Room Attendant is responsible cleaning all guest rooms (up to 15 guest rooms) as well as public areas (including washrooms) to Hyatt standards, performing Hyatt service standards with all internal and external guests and maintaining the cleanliness of the room attendant carts, service areas and closets.
This position requires flexibility in terms of scheduling, and must be available for various shifts especially the weekends and holidays; morning or evening shifts.
Candidates must have the ability to lift, pull and push moderate weight. This is a fast-paced and physical position and previous cleaning experience as well as the ability to communicate to guests preferred.
Starting wage is at $16.64 per hour; after 6 months wage is at $19.42 per hour; after 1 year wage is at $22.19 per hour
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome. * * Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Must be available for Graveyard and afternoon shifts.*Please apply online at careers.hyatt.com*
- Must have a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work various shifts including weekends and holidays (mornings, afternoons, and evenings)
- Must be able to start as early as 7:00am and work as late as 12 midnight
- Must be able to work independently with minimum or no supervision
- Must be an excellent team player with a positive and helpful attitude
- Must be physically fit to perform and complete all duties as required
- Must be able to provide genuine service to all guests
- Must have a good command of the English language and refined communication skills
- Previous housekeeping experience in a hotel, cruise ship, office and/ or resorts considered an asset
Responsibilities include but not limited:
* Replenish amenities according to the operational standards
* Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
* Cleans guest bathroom/bed room/floor corridor according to brand standard
* Attends to guest calls, guest requests /guest complaints in the area assigned
* Any lost items are identified and handed over to the lost and found department
* Ascertain that housekeeping trolleys are properly stocked with supplies such as cleaning agents and cloths and etc]
* Responsible for achieving and exceeding guest satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores (NPS)
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying a moderate amount of weight
- Frequent kneeling and bending
- Frequent reaching above head level
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
- Capable of performing repetitious duties *
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: VAN001131
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.