Hyatt Area Director of Sales Operations France & Iberia in France
This position will report to the Vice President – Sales EAME / SWA. This position will be the Sales Leader for a selection of sub-regional hotels and resorts in their respective area. General responsibilities and accountability will be to ensure the region’s top line revenue budgets are maximized and achieved, new hotels’ revenues ramp up quickly, hotels with declining RGI are supported,sales strategy, practices and revenue captured from existing and new demand is optimized. This role needs to optimize digital channel production, create brand differentiation in their respective area of responsibility and successfully drive any Marketing Promotions and activations in his / her respective set of hotels & resorts.
Position Responsibilities: * * - Existing Hotels:
· Works with Europe or sub-regional leads for Sales, Marketing, Loyalty, Digital & Brand, hotel Directors of Sales & Marketing to review business projections and develop annual marketing/sales plans which support annual revenue goals and returns to owners, shareholders and franchisees for new and existing hotels.
· Reviews marketing and sales budgets and allocated expenditures to ensure most effective use of funds available to support business objectives.
· Responsible for establishing financial commercial goals for assigned hotels, at the same time to monitor policies / ethics for sales and events. · Responsible for developing sales, marketing and revenue strategies to segment, target and attract the most profitable Rooms business for each market together with the Hyatt Sales Force Organization and hotel sales teams. · Accountable for training and best practices for hotels and joint teams on sales, marketing, revenue management & distribution to ensure a Revenue culture exists within hotels in their area of responsibility.
Pre-Opening and Take-over hotels:
· Provide guidelines to Director of Sales & Marketing, Pre-opening for the development of all pre-opening sales and marketing planning within the region. Develops these plans in a strategic and brand focused manner.
· Oversee and provide sales, marketing and revenue strategy and support to facilitate smooth opening for both new and takeover hotels following the preopening check-list. · Guide or support hotels on relevant customer pricing strategies for rooms and other services. · Guide hotels to establish and understand the importance of “Story Telling” * * People Management: · Assist in recruiting and selecting and sales and marketing employees to work following the operational, financial, administrative philosophies willing to become multi skilled and perform multi tasks. · Delegate appropriately, duties and responsibilities to equipped and resourced employees, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained. · Manages the effectiveness of the team through the utilization of their individual strengths and abilities and by supporting their ongoing development and career goals.
Others: . Create and sustain a work environment that focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success. · Develop a trusting and respectful business partnership with each property’s ownership by meeting or exceeding expectations in sales and marketing. · Willing to learn and to be trained to improve the professional performance and the reputation of Hyatt. · Report for duty punctually, wearing appropriate attire, reflecting a professional and polished image. Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming at-all-times, projecting a positive and motivated attitude. · Maintain a good working relationship with all employees, as part of Hyatt International's objective of ensuring that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at-all-times to colleagues and guests. **
Ideally with a university degree or diploma in Marketing or Hospitality/Tourism management. Minimum 2 years work experience as Director of Marketing, or Director of Sales in larger operation. Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
Primary Location: France
Organization: Hyatt France
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: FRA000269
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.