Hyatt Executive Housekeeper in WAILEA, Hawaii
Andaz Maui at Wailea is the first resort for the Andaz brand. Situated on Maui’s premier southwestern coastline, the 15-acre beachfront resort is located along Mokapu Beach in Wailea, one of the most sought after leisure and resort destinations in the world. The luxury resort community of Wailea includes a 1.2 mile-long oceanfront beach path connecting five crescent-shaped, golden-sand beaches, a premier shopping center and distinguished restaurants.
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for all duties of the housekeeping operation and cleanliness levels in all areas of the property. Responsibilities include: staff training, inter- department communications, and staff scheduling. The Executive Housekeeper will promote an atmosphere that insures customer and associate satisfaction. This position requires strong attention to detail, leadership skills, and the ability to effectively deal with department heads, guests, and team members.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel’s Housekeeping operations
- Develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies and pars
- Teach employees importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve guest requests
- See that inspection program is consistently maintained
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
- Work closely with all other Departments
- Inspect some rooms daily
- Experience purchasing linens and housekeeping supplies
- Current on latest housekeeping and laundry technology
- Work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery, and maintenance
- Experience teaching, supervising, and mentoring multilingual and multicultural staff
- Ensure OSHA and ADA policies are adhered to
- Experience with turndown service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. helpful
- Insures proper staffing levels for customer service goals
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt has redefined the hotel experience that reflects the Hindi meaning of "Andaz, personal style". Local inspirations, simplified luxuries, uncompromised service and leading edge design all create the Andaz concept which is growing worldwide.
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds. * 4 years or more of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience (typically with Hyatt). * 2-3 years of Department Head experience preferred * Service oriented style with professional presentations skills * Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset * Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line * Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English * Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel * Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
Primary Location: US-HI-Wailea
Organization: Andaz Maui at Wailea
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: WAI001050
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.