Hyatt Cashier- Order Taker Article 1 & Delivery in WASHINGTON, District Of Columbia
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. Cashiers are responsible for processing forms of payment for goods and services to include room charges, credit card and cash. Cashiers are the final point of contact for the experience and have the ability to ensure guest satisfaction. Order takers, ensure guest satisfaction by taking accurate orders, making suggestions and upselling items to our guest when they call for food deliveries or information.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
In this role, you will:
- Consider the satisfaction of all guests by ensuring prompt, courteous and efficient service at all times.
- Be responsible for answering all telephone calls for Article One Delivery and prioritizing said calls with excellent telephone etiquette
- Be directly involved in the order-taking and order-placing process while dealing with guest requests and orders, courteously, efficiently, and promptly.
- Be able to explain menu items and types of food, will have to learn and have good knowledge of A1 & A1 Delivery menus and on-going promotions in other F&B outlets.
- Must be able to provide Food and Beverage recommendations and suggestions to guests
- Be knowledgeable of all services, facilities and products offered by the hotel.
- Have excellent conversation skills and selling techniques at all times
- Be able to communicate effectively in English and have strong verbal and written English skills
- Be detail Oriented
- Work as a team and be able to clearly communicate with the coworkers in various departments (kitchen, stewarding, etc.) regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
- Help servers as needed with setting up orders
- Be able to count, handle and balance a cash bank, prepare tip sheets for servers, provide change and process credit card transactions and room charges.
- Use computer for order taking and settling bills (Micros)
- Able to perform all duties and tasks as requested by Manager to ensure the success of the operation
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
* Two or more years experience in hotel customer service * High school diploma * Ability to work am/pm shifts spanning anywhere between 5 am and 12midnight. * Ability to work holidays and weekends * Computer skills * Fluent in verbal and written English * Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, squat, reach, twist, turn * Able to work in a fast paced environment and multitask
Primary Location: US-DC-Washington
Organization: Hyatt Regency Washington
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Room Service
Req ID: WAS006276
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.