Hyatt Project Director Design Services in ZURICH, Switzerland
The Project Director of Design Services reports directly to the SPD - SHDS for the execution of Hyatt Design Standards - This is a highly collaborative role, functioning across multiple disciplines.
TheProject Director, in collaboration with the SPD, SHDS, Director of Project Management and the Director of Building Systems Design will support the management of multi-national, multi-disciplined project teams by supervising the planning, design and operational review of Full Service hotel, new built, take-over/conversions and renovations. TheProject Director of Design Services, will be responsible for leading the Design Services teams throughout all phases of theprojects.
The Project Director of Design Services, in conjunction with the Operational Planning Team, Design Services Outsourced Consultants [Engineering, Fire, Life & Safety, ID, Procurement] and Culinary Director will implement the prototypical programs, corporate and department initiatives, innovation and changes.
More specifically the Project Director responsibility will include: * Set up and development of Project Management Plans [PMP] deliverables and all aspects of Project TSA Accounting. * Pro-actively manage departmental expenses within approved departmental budgets. * Design guidance and compliance of Hyatt Standards, PIP's Design Related Support. * Collaborating with Hyatt Development Group on all pre-development activities. * Prepare Prototype Area Programs [PAP] maximizing efficiencies andimplementation into preliminary Architectural Reviews * Research and pre-qualify, and maintain a database of Interior and Architectural Design Firms specializing in hospitality projects.
- Experience in managing internal multi-disciplinary teams in the development of hospitality project. * Experience of effective management of third party consultants.Independent thinker, comfortable with proactive innovation, managing change and leading department initiatives.
- Experience of working with respect for local cultures and the ability to flex and adapt solutions to changing needs and environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and adept at presenting and communicating with multiple stakeholders - Owner’s Representatives, Senior Management, Hotel Operations personnel etc. Additional languages an advantage.
- 10 years experience in the architectural or engineering design fieldwith strong project management skills.
- Architectural or Engineering degree from an accredited institution.Consolidated skills in the use of relevant software applications such as Microsoft Project, ACAD
Primary Location: CH-Zurich
Organization: EAME Regional Office
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Architecture/Design/Technical Services
Req ID: ZUR000435
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.